80X 4WD questions

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Oliwoli

Post by Oliwoli »

Hi all,

I’m going for the 80x and just read a little about how it works but there is little information.
As I understand it there is a smaller battery up front that only runs for up to 30 seconds at a time. I guess if you’re driving like a maniac is there a chance that the smaller battery gets too hot and will no longer provide the 4WD functionality?
It also says on the catalogue: it requires a temperature of the higher voltage battery of 23-50 degrees Celsius AND a battery state of charge greater than 88%. I’m assuming that’s just for maximum power? Does anyone know how the 4WD system actually works? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

RichR

Post by RichR »

The Enyaq 80X (and the VW equivalent ID.4 GTX and Audi Q4 etron) has the same 150 kW motor driving the rear wheels all the time as the RWD 80, and a 45 kW motor on the front wheels which is engaged when required (generally when accelerating or cornering). It can only be used for about 30s at full power as you read due to heat concerns, however there are very few occasions I can think of when you'd need to drive the front wheels at full power for more than 30 seconds. You'd be at the car's top speed in that time unless towing a huge trailer or going up a massive offroad hill (neither of which are what the Enyaq is designed for) At lower powers it can run for longer. When it's not powered it causes next to no drag, so overall range is about the same as the RWD version.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Oliwoli

Post by Oliwoli »

Thanks Rich that’s exactly what I wanted to know.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post