Enyaq & Pod Point - help post?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

I own a iV80 - and have a Pod Point charger installed at home.

Having problems with the app scheduler - as in, it is not working. I had read up on the other posts and have not enabled anything in car.....

When the car is plugged in, it starts to charge str8 away and I don't get the flashing green light. I have tried a number of different approaches - even getting the flashing green light (car not lugged in) but the minute I do, it goes steady green and starts charging! Grrrrrr!!!

Seemingly, I haven't cracked it yet.

Any advice which could help me (and potentially others who may drift into the post who have issues)?

Thanks in advance
Phil.
Enyaq Suite iV80 - Ord - 01/07/21 - Del: 20/11/21 - Metallic Quartz - Climate Pack plus, Elec Retrct Towbar, Comfort Seat pk, Conv pack, LightnView pk, Batt Heat pump, Asst Drive pk and 125kW charging. PodPoint home installation.

DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Something to check that I found out when I had internet problems…. If PodPoint loses internet connection it starts to charge even if it is set up on a schedule as it can’t communicate with the server.

I have a PodPoint and mine fails to charge if I don’t follow a set procedure.

1. Lock the PodPoint with key, if you have it
2. Unlock the car
3. Plug into PodPoint
4. Plug into car (White light)
5. Lock car
6. Unlock PodPoint (Initially green light followed by White light that eventually goes out)
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Ensure you Pod is connected to your homes WiFi if not the scheduling will.not work correctly, if the signal is also weak you'll have issues with it.

How old is the Pod ?

If you've lost the WiFi connection it's in the booklet you should have been left on how to reconnect.

With your phone or tablet you should be able to see a PodPoint WiFi (unsecured) connection to this ( if not isolate the pod for a few seconds at the EVDB and switch it back on this will restart the WiFi cycle)

Depending on the age once connected to it through your Web browser go to 192.168.1.1 (old pods) or 192.168.101.1( new pods any thing I stalled within the last month) doesn't have be a Solo3 some older units have the latest PCB 2.4 you installer should have altered the IP in the user manual if its the newest PCB.

Find your WiFi router on the page input password and hit connect isolate the pod again and re energize the pod should bow have a sold blue light.
Last edited by BioHzrd on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Andy Enyaq

Post by Andy Enyaq »

Might be a silly question....but have you scheduled the charge before you connected to the car. I had what you had the first time I plugged up i.e. I connected everything then tried to schedule the charge for later....in the hope that it would stop.....then start at my scheduled time. It didn't....and I had to disconnect the cable, give it a minute, reconnect.....whereupon the indications on the podpoint were wrong....but it then didnt start charging till my scheduled period.
Racing Blue Metallic iV60 Loft
Parking Package Basic, Climate Package Basic,100 Kw Dc Charging, Cmft St Pck Bsc M+ Pfa/Pfb/Pfc+psb/Psa, Heat Pump, Drive Package Basic,Astd Drv Pkg Bsc M+pfa/Pfb/Pfc,Transport Package
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

BioHzrd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:54 am............. bow have a sold blue light.
No issues with this - blue light on.
Enyaq Suite iV80 - Ord - 01/07/21 - Del: 20/11/21 - Metallic Quartz - Climate Pack plus, Elec Retrct Towbar, Comfort Seat pk, Conv pack, LightnView pk, Batt Heat pump, Asst Drive pk and 125kW charging. PodPoint home installation.
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

DazzUK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:41 am Something to check that I found out when I had internet problems…. If PodPoint loses internet connection it starts to charge even if it is set up on a schedule as it can’t communicate with the server.

I have a PodPoint and mine fails to charge if I don’t follow a set procedure.

1. Lock the PodPoint with key, if you have it
2. Unlock the car
3. Plug into PodPoint
4. Plug into car (White light)
5. Lock car
6. Unlock PodPoint (Initially green light followed by White light that eventually goes out)
I don't have a key - it is a new one. The installer said old shape outside but did have the new chipset.
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

Andy Enyaq wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:14 am Might be a silly question....but have you scheduled the charge before you connected to the car. I had what you had the first time I plugged up i.e. I connected everything then tried to schedule the charge for later....in the hope that it would stop.....then start at my scheduled time. It didn't....and I had to disconnect the cable, give it a minute, reconnect.....whereupon the indications on the podpoint were wrong....but it then didnt start charging till my scheduled period.
No I have not.

My wife now has charging anxiety as she plugged it in when she got home and got a red light on the car! We turned the charger off at the RCD and switched it back on - unlocked the car, and got the charging lead out and the light colour on the car was off.

Will try the approach above tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your responses!
Phil.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Phil MK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 pm
Andy Enyaq wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:14 am Might be a silly question....but have you scheduled the charge before you connected to the car. I had what you had the first time I plugged up i.e. I connected everything then tried to schedule the charge for later....in the hope that it would stop.....then start at my scheduled time. It didn't....and I had to disconnect the cable, give it a minute, reconnect.....whereupon the indications on the podpoint were wrong....but it then didnt start charging till my scheduled period.
No I have not.

My wife now has charging anxiety as she plugged it in when she got home and got a red light on the car! We turned the charger off at the RCD and switched it back on - unlocked the car, and got the charging lead out and the light colour on the car was off.

Phil.
What colour was the light on the Pod ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Hmm - just had my PodPoint fitted yesterday (13 days so v efficient) I tried briefly on my BMW 330e ( long wait for the Enyaq60) and it charged straight away so all working; Solid Blue light intermittent purple to our BT fibre. I then tried to schedule a full charge for 0030 to 0430 today; disabled timings in the car by choosing “charge immediately” as this is the only other setting. Never got a yellow light and the car started charging immediately !
Then unplugged everything and set a short test time period from 17:00 to 17:15. Got yellow light on PP and at 17:00 it all started and then stopped at 17:15. However when I checked an hour later the PP was green and the car had started charging again! Car states started at 17:03 and finished at 18:57. I know it’s not an Enyaq and have no idea of the AC set-up in it, but just wonder if it’s the bossiness of BMW!! Or am I missing something here? I thought at 17:15 the podpoint would go to sleep. All left connected overnight PP flashing green now. Not really too bothered until I get the new car and am going to have a play over the next few days but this seems a bit similar to Phil.
Last edited by Deleted User 368 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

Phil MK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 pm
<<snip>>

Phil.
So - just got home. Pod Point showing BLUE.

Opened app and set a 0200 Fri to 0700 Fri scheduled charge - SAVED. Closed app.

Closed drivers door on car

Plugged in lead

Pod Point was steady green

Car light WHITE

Locked car - walked away

Came back a few mins later - Car RED and Pod Point steady GREEN.

Few mins later - Car - light not illuminated. Pod Point steady green,

Time for bed!

Lets see what EV Santa brings in KWh to the house!! Or Car rather!

Phil.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post