Enyaq & Pod Point - help post?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Phil, so you are not alone, this is my problem also.

Opened app and set a 0100 Fri to 0700 Fri scheduled charge - SAVED. Closed app.

Plugged in lead

Pod Point was steady green

Car light WHITE

Lock car and light on car goes immediately GREEN

Unlock the car and light goes WHITE

As my car is behind gates in the drive I have decided to leave it unlocked to see if it charges as scheduled

Will reply tomorrow if my car is still there :shock: :lol:
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I haven’t been using scheduled PodPoint charging as I’m on a flat rate of 12.7 pence per kW until next August ( 🥳 ) and have calculated it’s better to remain on that rate, than jump early onto a “5 Pence per kW for 4 hours” rate. The house consumes more energy than the car!

However I’ll experiment with this, as if I were on a cheaper night rate over the next few days, and see what I can find out, too 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Cheers Goaty, my car was still there in the morning after being unlocked overnight but I still can't get the scheduling to work properly, will consult the suppliers :o
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Hi Goaty - be interested to know if you can even get a 5p rate at the moment - I’m stuck with my standard rate of 18.82p and can’t switch anywhere as no one is offering any deals currently.

I’m using my PodPoint scheduler and it works fine.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'm stuck on 21p since the company I was with folded and we were transferred to British Gas. Still cheaper than petrol, so I can live with it until the market settles down again.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Bryanmet wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 am Hi Goaty - be interested to know if you can even get a 5p rate at the moment - I’m stuck with my standard rate of 18.82p and can’t switch anywhere as no one is offering any deals currently.

I’m using my PodPoint scheduler and it works fine.

Hi - when I moved from British Gas to Octopus earlier this year, they had a long delay with the smart meter upgrade required for the 5 pence nightly “Octopus Go” rate. I complained that there appeared to be little point in moving from BG, as Octopus’ rate was basically the same. They put me on a 12.7 pence per kW rate whilst waiting for the smart meter upgrade.

I’ve since had the smart meter installed and taken delivery of my Enyaq - and with the help of a little spreadsheet I knocked together, it’s become apparent that I’m better off sticking with the 12.7 pence rate they put me on for a year, rather than moving to the Go rate of 16.9 pence peak / 5 pence for four hours off-peak. We use more energy in the house during the day, which can’t really be shifted to the night.

So I’m in no hurry to switch to Go, and they’re not chasing me to do so.

Actually when I looked a few weeks back, the Go rate has gone up to an eye-watering ~24 pence per kW ! Still 5 pence at night (12:30 to 04:30).

I’m in for a shock when my 12.7p rate expires.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

I have been playing with PP schedules and my Phev beemer. The scheduling does work but I think there are some quirks.

Yesterday I set all days to 0030 to 04:30 and saved them. After a few minutes the PP went yellow/green solid. There is only a subtle difference between the yellow/green schedule light and green light on my PP!
Plugged in beemer last night and it sat there waiting. Car is set to Charge immediately and locked.
This morning it had charged OK from 00:33 until full - yippee. I had asked car to prewarm and it did BUT from car battery not PP power.

Went out to play golf and on return plugged in again - Solid White on car; PP still yellow/green solid.
I concluded from this that the PP scheduler is basically a switch - On at 00:30, Off at 04:30 until next schedule (I set for all days)

I then had a play and found that deactivating todays schedule then allowed me to charge. Re-activating the schedule once again stopped the charge. I did a lot of little stop/start charging and came to this conclusion.

If you have no charge schedule set on the day you plug in, the car will charge. Even though you might have a schedule set for the following day!
If you have a charge schedule set the day you plug in then the car will only charge ( or preheat) during those hours.
If you plug in at 22:00 with a charge set for 00:30 the following morning the car will charge that day at 22:00, stop at midnight then restart at 00:30 until 04:30. So probably best to just set a 15 min schedule on the off day.
PodPoint have a help section that mentions setting a 15 minute window on any day you want to disable charging for tariff benefit reasons, plus a few other useful! Bits here: https://help.pod-point.com/s/article/Tr ... Scheduling

I think if you want to preheat you will need to extend scheduling to cover departure or play with the app to deactivate schedules and warm from an app.
I have set all days for Octopus GO tariff and will just activate/deactivate amend as I need to. It does all work, but is not intuitive!!

BTW I can just use beemer in car scheduler for the timing and of course hope that Skoda get the in car system sorted soon so that can be used.

Please bear in mind this is ok for my beemer, but I hope is of some relevance for the Enyaq.
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Raym, thanks for that. I also spoke with Pod Point today as my charge did work during the timed schedule albeit, if I locked the car it went straight to charge before my timed plan. They told me that I didn't need to set that 15 min window on every day I wasn't wanting to charge. He was very helpful but I'm concerned of the difference in advice. I was told to reset the Pod Point, I had to switch it of at the circuit breaker then reapply the switch and that should reset the supposed problems as he could see at his end, my charging schedule . I have taken his advice and will experiment this weekend as i'm at 95% tonight, fingers crossed.
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Susan’s Dad - Hi, Glad it did work and you got through to help desk. Suspect yours started because you had no schedule set on that day, so it charged and then It did the timed activated charging. I understand the scheduling is on the PP server cloud so that can see everything. I find my PP can take up to 5 minutes to update from the app, there is a definite difference between a scheduled yellow light and the charging green but it is subtle yellow/green versus green. Worth having a play with it all. If you de-activate all schedules, once the PP updates from the app it goes to the blue/purple flash. I messed around from there. Good luck.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

So I’ve set the schedule in the PodPoint app.

Plugged the charger in - flashing white on the Enyaq for a few seconds, even after I locked it.

Then went to a red light.

Now showing no lights on the Enyaq.

PodPoint showing a yellow / amber light.

Let’s see if it starts at 00:30 🤞

===============
Update: it started charging at 00:31
Update: successfully fully charged 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post