Enyaq & Pod Point - help post?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Stantheman

Post by Stantheman »

We are having troubles!

We have scheduled charging set up in the PP app! Every day! Nothing set up on the car!!
Most of the time is charges fine then all of a sudden it drops WiFi signal and starts to charge! I understand it reverts to plug and charge but last night the car was set for 100% and started charging at 5.30pm! It cut off about midnight but 80%!! I would of thought that if it regains WiFi it would revert back to scheduled charge? Didn’t charge from 00.30-4,30am!!

Last Tuesday wr had the same issues!! Contacted PP and they just said that WiFi has been irratic! Drops out and pP reverts to Plug and charge!
It’s the only device that loses connection though - sky, computer etc etc all works fine but the PP loses connection!

It feels like it’s the same day of the week but it must be coincidental surely!?

Leaves me with charging anxiety every night at the moment!

Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

Stantheman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 am We are having troubles!
Leaves me with charging anxiety every night at the moment!
Morning!

Got THAT teeshirt!

So it has been working recently and that is only because we are starting the charge the night before and checking......NOT after midnight.

Yes, it's more expensive but the lottery game of "did it charge or not" is no longer prevalent.

So last night we scheduled he charging to start at 2215, finish 05h30 on app.

At 22h00 I went outside and unlocked car. Plugged in lead (light turned white on car)
Lock car - no charging activity.
Get inside house as it is ff'ing freezing.
Check app at 22h17 - charging underway....woot!
Wake up 06h30 - 100% charged. 221 miles expected though :(

Hope that helps
Phil.
Enyaq Suite iV80 - Ord - 01/07/21 - Del: 20/11/21 - Metallic Quartz - Climate Pack plus, Elec Retrct Towbar, Comfort Seat pk, Conv pack, LightnView pk, Batt Heat pump, Asst Drive pk and 125kW charging. PodPoint home installation.
Stantheman

Post by Stantheman »

It’s so frustrating!! So it started earlier than you had scheduled and carried on til 100% passed your scheduled end time…what’s the bloody point!! It’s so hit and miss! Yet PP claim it’s nothing to do with them their end and the PP has no faults!
Well mine started charging before the scheduled charge and stopped before the schedule charge was due to kick in! Set for 100% and stopped at 80%!

It’s making me think I am going mad!
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Reading the Pod Point/EO charging threads and the problems that are appearing seems very similar to the ones us Enyaq owners with Ohme chargers had initially. In the end Ohme sorted us out with a software fix sent to our individual chargers.

Most chargers work better if the API of the car has been released to third party companies, VW/Skoda haven’t so far and I wonder if this is why a broad variety of chargers aren’t always working properly. The situation isn’t helped by the ‘scheduled charging” available in the car being so poor at the moment.

It took three weeks or so for Ohme to sort their chargers out. It helped that I was able to refer to other users within this Enyaq forum suffering similar issues.

Perhaps a strongly worded email to the relevant charger manufacturer citing issues raised on this forum may help you.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Scheduled charging shouldn't care about the car API, unless it's trying to stop at a certain battery level (which is what it needs the API for). If it's simply 'on at this time, off at that time' scheduling then it doesn't need that. Ohme chargers are a lot more sophisticated than earlier ones such as PodPoint and EO. I'd question that VAG haven't released the API details to third parties, as Tronity works very well at retrieving the battery level and estimated range (and ABRP can use Tronity to pull that information when planning routes etc).

The protocol used by the Type 2 connection allows for a 'connected but not charging' state, but there's no way of reading the battery voltage because that's the other side of the car's AC/DC converter and charge circuitry.

I haven't had any issues with my PodPoint and schedules - but mine is maybe an older one (fitted 4 years ago). I don't use the car's schedules as they're known to be unreliable on all the MEB models at the moment (potentially fixed in the version 3.0 update being released next year).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

Stantheman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:40 am It’s so frustrating!! So it started earlier than you had scheduled and carried on til 100% passed your scheduled end time…
Not quite - it started as planned at 22h15 and yes did finish when 100% - had it been shorter hours, then I wouldn't have got the full top up.....

Still a PITA though.,....

Phil.
Enyaq Suite iV80 - Ord - 01/07/21 - Del: 20/11/21 - Metallic Quartz - Climate Pack plus, Elec Retrct Towbar, Comfort Seat pk, Conv pack, LightnView pk, Batt Heat pump, Asst Drive pk and 125kW charging. PodPoint home installation.
Stantheman

Post by Stantheman »

I rang pod point and they told me my car charged during scheduled hours!! The app doesn’t say that! Also the car charged about 5% more than it should in the same 4hrs scheduling time. She said she wasn’t sure what to say as the date sent back from the PP to the server was it only charged for the 4hrs during our scheduled time and the app must be wrong!

It charged last night ok so I just feel it driving me crazy little by little! 🤣

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post