First impressions of my new Enyaq

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Makima

Post by Makima »

Goaty wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:51 pm Looks very nice and I think you are right to have black surrounds (rather than chrome) against the white colour.

I have the 21” wheels but I’m so paranoid about scuffing them - I’m parallel parking like a complete noob at the moment 🤣. 19” wheels are definitely the sensible option from the perspective of being almost impossible to scuff (don’t blame me of you do 🤪) and less expensive to replace tyres.

I wish I’d spent the £300 or so extra on getting Drive Assist Plus and not just basic; back in May when I ordered, there was such confusion over what Plus offered. I’d definitely have gone for Plus had I known about what Traffic Assist can do. Anyway I’m really happy that I did get Traffic Jam Assist in the end as part of whatever it is I have with my Enyaq !

Happy, safe and successful motoring 👍👍
I just coded Travel Assist to my Enyaq with OBDeleven, works perfect
. When I ordered
car I only had Assisted Drive Basic package which did
not include Travel Assist. I did coding using long coding
in A5 Driver assistance module.
This is the log:
Control unit: A5 Driver Assistance
Old value:
02 08 30 2E 1F 91 08 E0 06 24 20 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
New value:
02 08 30 2E 1F 91 10 E4 16 24 20 00 00 00 00 00 00
I tested and Travel Assist worked fine. I already had
Travel assist button in my steering wheel and before it
did not do anything but now it does.
HC_point_of_intervention
Old: late
New: early_setting_over_menu
Emergency_assist_variante
Old: Not coded
New: Ea variante 2
HC variante
Old: Hc_ variante_
New: Hc_variante_2

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Makima,

Which version of the OBDeleven do you use?.

Is it the best option as I am after a scanner myself.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
retsil

Post by retsil »

Makima wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:43 pm
Goaty wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:51 pm Looks very nice and I think you are right to have black surrounds (rather than chrome) against the white colour.

I have the 21” wheels but I’m so paranoid about scuffing them - I’m parallel parking like a complete noob at the moment 🤣. 19” wheels are definitely the sensible option from the perspective of being almost impossible to scuff (don’t blame me of you do 🤪) and less expensive to replace tyres.

I wish I’d spent the £300 or so extra on getting Drive Assist Plus and not just basic; back in May when I ordered, there was such confusion over what Plus offered. I’d definitely have gone for Plus had I known about what Traffic Assist can do. Anyway I’m really happy that I did get Traffic Jam Assist in the end as part of whatever it is I have with my Enyaq !

Happy, safe and successful motoring 👍👍
I just coded Travel Assist to my Enyaq with OBDeleven, works perfect
. When I ordered
car I only had Assisted Drive Basic package which did
not include Travel Assist. I did coding using long coding
in A5 Driver assistance module.
This is the log:
Control unit: A5 Driver Assistance
Old value:
02 08 30 2E 1F 91 08 E0 06 24 20 00 00 00 00 00 00
New value:
02 08 30 2E 1F 91 10 E4 16 24 20 00 00 00 00 00 00
I tested and Travel Assist worked fine. I already had
Travel assist button in my steering wheel and before it
did not do anything but now it does.
HC_point_of_intervention
Old: late
New: early_setting_over_menu
Emergency_assist_variante
Old: Not coded
New: Ea variante 2
HC variante
Old: Hc_ variante_
New: Hc_variante_2
Just tried the same on mine (with basic assist as standard) using the same OBD11 kit and it worked a charm.
Sportline 80x Velvet Red
retsil

Post by retsil »

metalmadhammer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:51 pm Makima,

Which version of the OBDeleven do you use?.

Is it the best option as I am after a scanner myself.
Any version will work, if you've got an Android phone. If you've got Apple it'll have to be the second gen device. ( https://obdeleven.com/en/home/187-stand ... 87851.html) Buy the device on it's own and then add the Pro Plan ( https://obdeleven.com/en/home/164-pro-p ... 82967.html ) to be able to long code that's required.
Sportline 80x Velvet Red
Stepmb

Post by Stepmb »

jamest wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:18 am I finally picked mine up yesterday after five long months, and it was really worth the wait! I've only done the 20 minute drive back from the dealer, so these are my tentative first impressions:

First impressions on seeing it: I ordered the Moon White without the chrome pack, and with the 19" wheels. I agonized over getting the free 20" wheel upgrade and the free chrome upgrade (you could only get the chrome if you upgraded the wheels) but in the end I went with ride comfort and cheaper tyres, and black trim. Looking at the car I'm really happy with that decision.. the black trim with the white paint gives a really nice contrast, and the 19" wheels look great.

Driving: I ordered this car partly because it was such a pleasure to drive, and it just didn't feel like I was driving a big car. Driving it home, I still feel the same. The electric motors are really punchy. The ride is comfortable, the seats are comfortable. I don't have anything negative to say here.

Travel Assist: This was a big feature for me. I tried it on the way home, and it exceeds my expectations. I tried it on an A road and a normal winding 30mph road, and particularly on the winding road it was quite surreal. I'm upgrading from a 2013 Yaris, so it's quite a jump in technology. I have two young kids, who can be a distraction, so I'm happier having a second pair of eyes backing me and handling the basics on the longer drives.

Software glitches: I haven't really encountered these yet. Interior light switches work fine, night mode works on the navigation, as does north up. I was a bit frustrated last night because the Skoda Connect app couldn't connect to the car, despite me connecting the car to wi-fi, and then later the car disappeared from the app completely, so I was thinking "oh god, here we go". However I noticed that down detector was reporting issues with Skoda Connect, so I waited it out and now everything seems fine. I haven't actually tried doing anything from the app yet.

Car Charging: I haven't needed to charge yet as the car is still at 89%, but there have been some reported issues with the Ohme charger and the Enyaq so I will report back with my experience.

Phone Charging: It successfully wirelessly charged my iPhone 13 Pro Max on the journey home, despite the large bumper case preventing it from sitting flat in the bay, if I put it in screen up (obviously) with the camera bump towards me. I first instinctively put it in with the camera bump at the bottom, but this didn't appear to work.

Car Play worked well, wirelessly, for my brief journey home. I used Google Maps on the way home, which didn't display on the cockpit screen sadly, only the main one, but reading another thread this is expected on an iPhone. Only Apple Maps sends its info through to the cockpit screen, but if I wanted to use inferior maps I'd just use the built-in navigation :D

Random thing: I noticed if you set the interior mood lighting to "auto" it makes the car door lighting go red if the door is open, which is quite cool.

There are still lots of things I haven't tried, or used in anger, but so far I'm super happy.

I've only taken one photo, showing the ridiculous logo projector, but it shows the nice contrasty black and white exterior so here you go:

car-projector.jpg

And here was Down Detector last night:

down-detector.jpg
What issues are there with Ohme and Enyaq charging? I have a Ohme about to be installed for when I get my Enyaq. Thanks
RDG

Post by RDG »

I am a numbskull when it comes to car tech and although I have read about OBDeleven I have no real idea what it's all about. I have drive assist basic on my iv60 and would love to get full travel assist, do you know if I could get it done some where and any idea what it would cost. Also, if you do something like that does it not invalidate your warranty?
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, 19" Regulus whls, Assist drive pack, light & view pack, comfort seat pack, parking pack, convenience pack, drive pack, infotainment pack +, 100Kw charging. Pod Point 7kw home charger, ordered 30/07/21 del. 09/12/21
retsil

Post by retsil »

RDG wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:23 pm I am a numbskull when it comes to car tech and although I have read about OBDeleven I have no real idea what it's all about. I have drive assist basic on my iv60 and would love to get full travel assist, do you know if I could get it done some where and any idea what it would cost. Also, if you do something like that does it not invalidate your warranty?
If you're in or passing by Bristol I'd happily do it for you.
Like all software modification, it might invalidate your warranty, but there's nothing stopping you putting it back to standard before sending it to Skoda.
Sportline 80x Velvet Red
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

retsil wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:45 am
Like all software modification, it might invalidate your warranty, but there's nothing stopping you putting it back to standard before sending it to Skoda.
Quick question retsil. Once OTA updates start, will there be issues with doing this kind of work yourself? I’m guessing Skoda knows what your car should and should not have in terms of purchased features and packages. Is it likely that your changes will be undone every time there’s an OTA update?
retsil

Post by retsil »

Robrad30 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:36 am
Quick question retsil. Once OTA updates start, will there be issues with doing this kind of work yourself? I’m guessing Skoda knows what your car should and should not have in terms of purchased features and packages. Is it likely that your changes will be undone every time there’s an OTA update?
OTA is likely to be smaller updates, to specific modules. So I guess it would depend on which was being changed as to whether it would overwrite the settings.

For the upcoming dealer installed update to v3.0, I'll remove it to make sure it doesn't brick the car and reapply when it's back.
Sportline 80x Velvet Red
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

OTA is likely to be smaller updates, to specific modules. So I guess it would depend on which was being changed as to whether it would overwrite the settings.

For the upcoming dealer installed update to v3.0, I'll remove it to make sure it doesn't brick the car and reapply when it's back.
Ah, I see. The reason I asked is that I had read somewhere, can’t remember where, that there’s a constant arms race between Tesla drivers coding features themselves and then Tesla updating to lock them out again if they hadn’t been purchased. I’ve never tried to tinker with the software on any of my cars before so I was wondering if that’s a common scenario.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post