First impressions of my new Enyaq

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
jamest

Post by jamest »

I finally picked mine up yesterday after five long months, and it was really worth the wait! I've only done the 20 minute drive back from the dealer, so these are my tentative first impressions:

First impressions on seeing it: I ordered the Moon White without the chrome pack, and with the 19" wheels. I agonized over getting the free 20" wheel upgrade and the free chrome upgrade (you could only get the chrome if you upgraded the wheels) but in the end I went with ride comfort and cheaper tyres, and black trim. Looking at the car I'm really happy with that decision.. the black trim with the white paint gives a really nice contrast, and the 19" wheels look great.

Driving: I ordered this car partly because it was such a pleasure to drive, and it just didn't feel like I was driving a big car. Driving it home, I still feel the same. The electric motors are really punchy. The ride is comfortable, the seats are comfortable. I don't have anything negative to say here.

Travel Assist: This was a big feature for me. I tried it on the way home, and it exceeds my expectations. I tried it on an A road and a normal winding 30mph road, and particularly on the winding road it was quite surreal. I'm upgrading from a 2013 Yaris, so it's quite a jump in technology. I have two young kids, who can be a distraction, so I'm happier having a second pair of eyes backing me and handling the basics on the longer drives.

Software glitches: I haven't really encountered these yet. Interior light switches work fine, night mode works on the navigation, as does north up. I was a bit frustrated last night because the Skoda Connect app couldn't connect to the car, despite me connecting the car to wi-fi, and then later the car disappeared from the app completely, so I was thinking "oh god, here we go". However I noticed that down detector was reporting issues with Skoda Connect, so I waited it out and now everything seems fine. I haven't actually tried doing anything from the app yet.

Car Charging: I haven't needed to charge yet as the car is still at 89%, but there have been some reported issues with the Ohme charger and the Enyaq so I will report back with my experience.

Phone Charging: It successfully wirelessly charged my iPhone 13 Pro Max on the journey home, despite the large bumper case preventing it from sitting flat in the bay, if I put it in screen up (obviously) with the camera bump towards me. I first instinctively put it in with the camera bump at the bottom, but this didn't appear to work.

Car Play worked well, wirelessly, for my brief journey home. I used Google Maps on the way home, which didn't display on the cockpit screen sadly, only the main one, but reading another thread this is expected on an iPhone. Only Apple Maps sends its info through to the cockpit screen, but if I wanted to use inferior maps I'd just use the built-in navigation :D

Random thing: I noticed if you set the interior mood lighting to "auto" it makes the car door lighting go red if the door is open, which is quite cool.

There are still lots of things I haven't tried, or used in anger, but so far I'm super happy.

I've only taken one photo, showing the ridiculous logo projector, but it shows the nice contrasty black and white exterior so here you go:

car-projector.jpg

And here was Down Detector last night:

down-detector.jpg

Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Looks very nice and I think you are right to have black surrounds (rather than chrome) against the white colour.

I have the 21” wheels but I’m so paranoid about scuffing them - I’m parallel parking like a complete noob at the moment 🤣. 19” wheels are definitely the sensible option from the perspective of being almost impossible to scuff (don’t blame me of you do 🤪) and less expensive to replace tyres.

I wish I’d spent the £300 or so extra on getting Drive Assist Plus and not just basic; back in May when I ordered, there was such confusion over what Plus offered. I’d definitely have gone for Plus had I known about what Traffic Assist can do. Anyway I’m really happy that I did get Traffic Jam Assist in the end as part of whatever it is I have with my Enyaq !

Happy, safe and successful motoring 👍👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Daithi

Post by Daithi »

Congratulations, Looks Great, I've just ordered the Moon White as well :D

My dealer broke my heart by telling me if I had made my mind up a week earlier there were getting production weeks in January. Now it's April, its ok as I had thought it was going to be then anyway so it means i have more time to build up extra deposit funds and offset the need for finance. :geek:

Without the chrome pack, is the grill still surrounded with chrome?
I was on the fence about including it but I have due to it being on my current car and liking the surround being in chrome, debating whether I should change it now.

Looks like you went for Loft interior, How do you find it? I was originally going for Lounge but changed my mind.
Iv60, Moon White, Regulus Alloys, Fully loaded :D
Including Parking Pack, Driver Assistance Plus Pack, Comfort Plus Pack , Climate Pack, Convenience Plus Pack, Light & View Pack, HUD :ugeek:
Ordered November '21 (Expected by May '22)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I think Jamest’s interior looks more like Suite? I have the Loft interior and it’s very high quality - and very comfortable too. Having been brought up on leather interiors - at least in my cars - my kids have commented that the cloth feels less cold than leather, which they seem to like.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Daithi

Post by Daithi »

Goaty wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:09 pm I think Jamest’s interior looks more like Suite? I have the Loft interior and it’s very high quality - and very comfortable too. Having been brought up on leather interiors - at least in my cars - my kids have commented that the cloth feels less cold than leather, which they seem to like.
Brilliant, I had initially not even considered the Loft and thought I was going to go for the Suite but after a test drive with the wife I was made aware she was not a fan at all. It was only after the 40 reconfiguration of options I stated looking at the loft and though it looked great. Shame it doesn't have a bit more leatherette between the legs at the front (i am used to this on my current car) but the colour is nice and bright and it looks easy to keep clean
Iv60, Moon White, Regulus Alloys, Fully loaded :D
Including Parking Pack, Driver Assistance Plus Pack, Comfort Plus Pack , Climate Pack, Convenience Plus Pack, Light & View Pack, HUD :ugeek:
Ordered November '21 (Expected by May '22)
RichR

Post by RichR »

When I started off working out what interior and options I wanted on my Enyaq, we wanted to avoid leather because I have family members who are uncomfortable with it. That's fair enough, there are plenty of man-made materials these days. So I'd picked Lodge 80. By the time I'd added on all the packages I wanted, it was about £46k, so wanted to shave off a few pennies. Changed to Energy Blue paint and Loft interior when people started getting Lofts delivered - I don't think Skoda's photos are fair to it, as it's a very nice interior. Perhaps they want people to spend more?
And then they changed the options so the HUD was only available on Suite, EcoSuite and Sportline. Due to the packages I'd picked, swapping to Sportline (which only has minimal leather) and dropping heated rear seats/windscreen the price came out only £1000 more. Mainly because Sportline includes most of the packages I'd picked to go on the Loft, plus some extra ones. Also meant I could have an 80 without chrome :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I like a bit of Chrome bling-bling personally 🤣

But on a white car, black looks better I think 👍
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've had too many cars with proper chrome (ie chromium plated steel) over the years, and really don't like the shiny silver plastic that slowly fades and turns into off-white plastic eventually. Similarly I've spend too long with a cloth and a tube of Autosol polishing chrome bumpers!
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:42 am I've had too many cars with proper chrome (ie chromium plated steel) over the years, and really don't like the shiny silver plastic that slowly fades and turns into off-white plastic eventually. Similarly I've spend too long with a cloth and a tube of Autosol polishing chrome bumpers!

Yes, I can see your point. My mindset is a little different as I return my (company) cars every 3~5 years so I probably don’t care about them as much as someone who’s spent a sizeable chunk of their own money on one. Mrs Goaty is looking for a new car now and that’ll be something we want to keep (and look after properly) for at least 10 years.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Generally all of my cars have been over 7 years old (until my Outlander that was only 3, and the Enyaq will be my first ever brand new car), so they've had a fair bit of wear and tear before I get them. It's taken me until my late 40s to be mortgage free and able to consider buying new :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post