Things I like and Things I dont

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Ok so im only on day 5 of ownership and have come up with a few positives and a few negatives:

Current Mileage: 388

Pro's
Looks lovely
Lovely to Drive
Very Comfortable
Build Quality seems very good
Economical
Much nicer place to be than inside a VW ID3

Cons
Useless Glovebox
Silly regen paddles are a complete waste of time
Excessive Road Noise (21" Wheels)
Cup holder 2 close together to hold 2 cups
Seat Belt anchor drivers side rattles on the seat base
Wiper Noise (now sorted i think cleaned the screen with meths)
Exposed sill dirty trouser thingy why didnt they have a clamshell that went over the bottom sill
Bonnet release on passenger side and no gas struts to hold it up

Other than that its a really solid buy :D
Last edited by darkside66 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I’m also on 21” Betria alloys and don’t have the additional noise insulation which you get with privacy glass. I’m assuming your Sportline does have that.

I’m generally finding it to be quieter than my previous car (2016 bmw 5 series) and our knackered Qashqai so personally I’m happy - although I don’t have any other EV experience to compare it against.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Seatbelt rattle - had something similar this on a Honda once. Get some self adhesive velcro, stick a bit of the fluffy part to one side to stop the hard surfaces bumping together.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

@Goaty yep i have the additional noise insulation and double glazed side windows, it is noisier than my ID 3 and obviously it depends on the road surface its a quiet as a mouse on the few bits of road that have a proper tarmac surface sadly as we all know this country has an addiction with top dressing with gravel which is noisier and more damaging to paintwork.
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

@ RichR that is what I shall do
dben

Post by dben »

Initial things after two weeks:

Don't have electric hatch and miss a mechanical release internally that pops open hatch.

Worry that charger cover will be easy bent wrong way against the hinge by someone walking by car or squeezing through when parked up and charging. Better if it folded fully back.

Have rattle on driver side door or seat belt which I've yet to pinpoint.

Find the doors and hatch quite heavy to close. Might just be that my last car didn't need doors or boot to be firmly shut with a bit of force and I'm used to soft close.

Will need to source boot liner that I think is essential and probably hatch sill protector as I see paint will be easily scratched.

I don't think the mirror demist control on the door panel is user friendly as this is something that's needed most of the time in Scotland at this time of the year.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

dben wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm Initial things after two weeks:

Don't have electric hatch and miss a mechanical release internally that pops open hatch.

Worry that charger cover will be easy bent wrong way against the hinge by someone walking by car or squeezing through when parked up and charging. Better if it folded fully back.

Have rattle on driver side door or seat belt which I've yet to pinpoint.

Find the doors and hatch quite heavy to close. Might just be that my last car didn't need doors or boot to be firmly shut with a bit of force and I'm used to soft close.

Will need to source boot liner that I think is essential and probably hatch sill protector as I see paint will be easily scratched.

I don't think the mirror demist control on the door panel is user friendly as this is something that's needed most of the time in Scotland at this time of the year.
Hi dben I think if you feel your seat belt anchor point at the side of your seat near the door that rattles against the plastic seat base I now have a Velcro pad on mine and it’s all gone.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Isn't the mirror switch pretty much the same as most larger VW/Skoda/Audis from the last 20 years? It looks identical to the one in my wife's VW Caravelle for example. She just leaves it in the demist position all the time in winter and it still seems to be working after 8 years. :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Does anyone's break make a clunky noise when stop start is activate?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:57 pm Does anyone's break make a clunky noise when stop start is activate?
I think a bit, but nothing I regard as a concern. Auto Hold makes quite a clunk when it kicks in suddenly when I’m reversing (although I now disable it for parking manoeuvres).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post