I think I understand Ionity and Skoda PowerPass 🤞

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

ian0 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:52 pm How long does it take to receive the card once you've applied via the app? Thanks

I think it was less than 2 weeks.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

EdH

Post by EdH »

Goaty wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:31 pm
EdH wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm Hi
I just subscribed but could only find the ‘Charge Free’ for free. The ‘Charge Faster Booster’ was £4.99 to get the 25p Ionity. Have I missed something?
Need a new phone for all the bloody apps 😂

Cheers all - great forum!

Do you have upgraded charging with your Enyaq, or just 50 kWh charging? I think there is a year’s free membership for cars with upgraded charging. Still have to pay to charge, but membership is free.
Ah yes it looks like it’s for the DC upgrade only which I don’t have. Cheers!
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Just for claritys sake, you only get the reduced rate for 1yr if you got the upgraded DC charging on the car (100kW on the iv60 and 125kW on the iV80). This is free for one year then its a monthly annual subscription after that. If you didn't get the DC upgrade then you can only get the reduced rate by buying a subscription. The 'free' subscription for non-DC upgrade cars allows you to charge at the full rate, but have it charged to your account.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Or I guess all Enyaqs ordered after early September 2021, when the 50kW option was removed…
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Does anyone know if you have to redeem the free subscription immediately?

We will not be doing any more long journeys this year so the subscription would be about 3 months old by the time we would need to use it (can charge at home for pennies) and would just be wasted
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Pict wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:28 pm Does anyone know if you have to redeem the free subscription immediately?

We will not be doing any more long journeys this year so the subscription would be about 3 months old by the time we would need to use it (can charge at home for pennies) and would just be wasted
I remember reading you have upto a year to claim it, but I can't remember where I got that from now, it was months ago.

EDIT: This PDF suggests its available for 1 year after purchase but I don't know if that means the clock starts ticking if you've not subscribed yet after purchase, or if you can subscribe any time upto 1 year after and then your 1 year subscription starts. I dont want to start ours yet as I know I wont be using it, but equally if the clock has already started then I might as well get the card ordered!

https://www.skoda-auto.com/_doc/d92e58b ... cc2a98b3c3
RichR

Post by RichR »

Same with me - I don't have any journeys that take me near an Ionity charger planned until at least March/April. So I won't bother setting it up until then. Until then it'll be mainly home plus some Gridserve and Instavolts where I'm going further afield.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

So just realised that I might be able to use it in a few weeks time, so I've subscribed. It's said the subs is until 19/11/2022 so will give you a year from whenever you start it, not from the date you bought the car. Whether you can wait upto a year before signing up I dont know but it gives you some grace for sure.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Thanks to those that replied
Xtopher wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:56 am So just realised that I might be able to use it in a few weeks time, so I've subscribed. It's said the subs is until 19/11/2022 so will give you a year from whenever you start it, not from the date you bought the car. Whether you can wait upto a year before signing up I dont know but it gives you some grace for sure.
When was you car first registered, mine will be about 3 months old when I would like the sub to start.
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Pict

Post by Pict »

Email received today from Skoda/Elli in response to my question about starting the sub
Regarding your request, we would like to inform you that each customer that purchases ENYAQ with DC package can upon registration to Powerpass activate his „DC booster“.

The customer can apply the booster within 1 year after he/she received a car from the dealer.

When activated the customer will have automatically the highest tariff „Charge Faster“ for a one year base fee free, when the year runs out the customer will be notified about it. The contract will expire and then the customer may choose whether to spot the contract or prolong it. In this case he/she will continue to use the tariff for usual fee.
----------------------------------------
Best regards
Your Elli Service Team
So according to that you have a year to activate the subscription

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post