Dealer c*ck up order - no fast charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Good evening all,

Slightly annoyed, I’ve now had a call and confirmation on email, that our local dealer have ordered the car incorrectly, so there won’t be 100kW charging enabled.
He is adamant it will not be possible to retrofit nor software upgrade it.

Most sadly is, that he will not even give an apology, nor adjust the price - no chance of compensation.

I have checked in a couple of times in the past, because the Skoda chat have said, there is no 100kW charging selected on my order, which have got me to mail dealer and asked him to double and triple check “oh yeah yeah, it’s there, it says in the model name”
But the truth is, the pack was never selected - and they’re now saying/blaming Skoda for changing the specs before my car was ordered..
That just doesn’t make sense to me - Skoda removed the 50kW option before mine even where built - so if anything, it should technically have been born with 100kw.

Anyway, reality is, it isn’t, and I’m annoyed.

So now, I have 3 options

1) Suck it up accept car as it is
2) place a new order, and wait minimum of 34 weeks
3) cancel order and get refund of my deposit

If I should place a new order, I’d demand it is done with same figures - but I doubt they’re gonna accept that.
In their minds they’re likely hoping I will cancel, so they can sell this faster and have a 5k extra earning straight in their pocket.

For all option, I would expect to be compensated for the Power Pass I have signed up for (it was Elli that highlighted that they wouldn’t honour the free subscription, as no fast charging is in the car) so no matter what, I am out of pocket, and I don’t want to accept that.

Can I live with 50kW charging? No idea. But I do know that all new Enyaqs now come as 100kw standard, sor there’s gonna be that disadvantage when coming to sell it, and the higher charging price, now I can’t have the full benefit of the Power Pass and pay £9.99/m for the privilege.

What would you do?

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Really sorry to hear about this negative experience. Given the evidence you’ve collected with your double / triple checks, this sounds like a valid complaint to Skoda Corporate.

I’ve formed a bit of an early (and possibly misguided) opinion about fast charging; it seems to me that fast chargers are much more expensive per kW than 50 kW chargers - so generally I think I’ll be sticking with 50 anyway. For example, I noticed last week at Beaconsfield Services that Gridserve’s 50kW chargers cost 30p / kW, yet Ionity’s fast chargers are 69p / kW.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Fcuk. No good choices really. I have the 100kW in my iv60, used once to test it, and will use one a long trip if charger is available. But mostly charging at home on 11kW.
Somehow I think 100kW is nice to have, but how much real benefit there is, hard to say. Rarely used, charging will be slower for most of the charging process anyway so how much is the difference in charging time between 50kW and 100kW really. Anyone has experience?
If you paid for the 100kW as I did and you did not get it... you should at least get your money back.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

In my opinion it all depends on what sort of driving your going to do.

If your a rep or someone travelling up and down the motorway every day then yeah I would want it.

100kW and a slightly reduced charger time is nice on paper.

But I do 99% of my charging at home or work. I will need a fast charger a few times a year.

When it comes to it would I pay 70p / kW or have an extra drink at the services and pay 30p / kW

The current number of 100+ kW chargers out there at the moment is pretty small compared to the cheaper 50 kW ones aswell.

Obviously if Tesla open up their network at a decent price, then that will change things. Ionity will have to reduce their prices to compete.

I wouldn’t be happy though in your situation tbh.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
Nick481

Post by Nick481 »

This supposedly is a software update that the dealer can do. However, only people in France seem to have had this done. No UK dealer I've spoken to knows anything about it. https://shop-skoda-be.translate.goog/nl ... pto=nui,sc
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Yeah, several people mention something seems possible on other forums, too
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... g-upgrade/

For those of you that mentions ionity is too expensive - with the Power Pass, the price drops to £0.25/kWh - which is very competitive
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Stripy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:37 pm
For those of you that mentions ionity is too expensive - with the Power Pass, the price drops to £0.25/kWh - which is very competitive

Thanks Stripy - if you get a chance, would you be able to explain briefly how that works - perhaps on this thread here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=504

I’m still very confused about public charging (other than easy contactless payment - but that’s paying over the odds).

My Powerpass app gives an example of 2 mins charge, 10kW = £6.90. Still 69p per kW ! (Ionity Beaconsfield)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Goaty wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:48 pm
Stripy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:37 pm

Thanks Stripy - if you get a chance, would you be able to explain briefly how that works - perhaps on this thread here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=504

I’m still very confused about public charging (other than easy contactless payment - but that’s paying over the odds).

My Powerpass app gives an example of 2 mins charge, 10kW = £6.90. Still 69p per kW ! (Ionity Beaconsfield)
Done
Or see the pdf here
https://www.skoda-auto.com/_doc/d92e58b ... cc2a98b3c3

The suggested prices shown in the app is crap as such, it’s all only based on 10kWh - but from what I can gather, it may update prices as you start to subscribe - I’m still waiting for my card to arrive so I can pair it with the app

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post