Night time charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Golfer118

Post by Golfer118 »

Please can someone help a dinosaur with these things. I have Enyaq60iv and Zappi charging box. Twice I have tried to set up to charge at night and twice failed but I don't know if Skoda fault or Zappi. Says it is all going to work and then I get text saying Skoda problem and need to take it to dealer which I will have to do cos of the clunking it makes all the time - not sure these tyres are very good after all, they look massive but give a pretty hard ride. :x

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Rather than set up the settings on the Enyaq (which is currently unreliable on 7kw chargers) Is your Zappi programmable?
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The charge timer settings in the Enyaq (and ID.3 and ID.4) are currently unreliable. The issue is almost certainly a software one and will probably be fixed in the near future. Until then the advice is to leave the car set to no timers or restrictions and use a charger that has timer settings to control when it supplies power instead. I'm pretty sure the Zappi ones do.

Clunking could be that they've left the suspension transport blocks in. I've seen at least three reports of this on here and the Facebook group. They're hidden under the rubber gaiters so a sloppy mechanic doing the pre-delivery inspection could miss them (despite them being bright blue).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Yes, Zappi chargers allow scheduling of "boosts" from the grid on top of free charging from any solar panels. Works fine with no panels too. PM me if you need any help.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Coincidentally I’ve just responded elsewhere with this. Not a solution, but might be an easy way of keeping an eye on charging (without having to faff with an app)

304BDA05-04E8-49EC-A102-7493D7E99F3F.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Golfer118

Post by Golfer118 »

Hi
Yes the zappi is fully programmable and I even asked them to send me instructions in words of one syllable! I saw something on here about unlocking the cable lock - not sure why this would any difference but guess I must try everything!
Golfer118

Post by Golfer118 »

RichR wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:13 pm The charge timer settings in the Enyaq (and ID.3 and ID.4) are currently unreliable. The issue is almost certainly a software one and will probably be fixed in the near future. Until then the advice is to leave the car set to no timers or restrictions and use a charger that has timer settings to control when it supplies power instead. I'm pretty sure the Zappi ones do.

Clunking could be that they've left the suspension transport blocks in. I've seen at least three reports of this on here and the Facebook group. They're hidden under the rubber gaiters so a sloppy mechanic doing the pre-delivery inspection could miss them (despite them being bright blue).
Thank you so much for all help and I am going to look for blue blocks as soon as I get home. More help on here that at the garage!
Golfer118

Post by Golfer118 »

DazAutomatic wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:42 pm Yes, Zappi chargers allow scheduling of "boosts" from the grid on top of free charging from any solar panels. Works fine with no panels too. PM me if you need any help.
I dont have solar panels! I set up the Myenergy thing saying I wanted it to start 12.30 and go for 2 hours (just testing really) but nothing happened and wondered if I had to fiddle with something on the zappi box itself. I dont know anyone else who has a zappi or an enyaq for that matter :(
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Golfer118 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:39 pm
DazAutomatic wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:42 pm Yes, Zappi chargers allow scheduling of "boosts" from the grid on top of free charging from any solar panels. Works fine with no panels too. PM me if you need any help.
I dont have solar panels! I set up the Myenergy thing saying I wanted it to start 12.30 and go for 2 hours (just testing really) but nothing happened and wondered if I had to fiddle with something on the zappi box itself. I dont know anyone else who has a zappi or an enyaq for that matter :(
I'll PM you with some screenshots of how my Zappi app schedule is set up and see if we can sort it out.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Presumably the car charges ok if you don't use the overnight timer or schedule? When you want to charge overnight, don't set the timer on the car; it just needs to be ready to receive charge like if you were charging immediately.

The picture below shows how my app is set up. Set charging mode to Eco+. That means you get any free charging during the day from solar panels, or no charging if don't have solar yet. Set your boost schedule for when you get your cheap electricity, and your Zappi switches to fast charging mode between these times, i.e. it charges at 7.4kW (assuming it's a 7.4kW charger) between those times regardless of the lack of solar. Mine's set for 00:30 to 04:30 with Octopus Go.

My Zappi has a 5-digit pin (using only numbers from 1 to 4) to unlock it for charging. Once you've plugged in the car, you can either enter the 5-digit pin on the charger, or on top-right of the app screen where there's a plug with a line through it now (the car is not plugged in), there'll be a yellow lock symbol. I just press and hold that icon, and it asks if I want to unlock, which I confirm in the app. I'm not sure if it still does this if you've not set a 5-digit lock pin.

This covers the problems we encountered the first couple of times we charged overnight.
Does any of this help?

Screenshot_20211102-142231.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post