Pilot of non-Tesla cars using Tesla Supercharger network has started in The Netherlands

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Am I dumb or just missing something? If tesla port is on rear left and enyaq port rear right, you can just back up into the charging spot to connect. Same works if parking spaces are sideways.

I honestly dont see the issue, so please help.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Erakettu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:53 pm Am I dumb or just missing something? If tesla port is on rear left and enyaq port rear right, you can just back up into the charging spot to connect. Same works if parking spaces are sideways.

I honestly dont see the issue, so please help.

I’m guessing it’s the length of the cable that’s the issue - so even if you park a different EV in such a way that the charge port is on the correct side, it might not be long enough to reach.

I’ve never really noticed but possibly Tesla’s have to reverse in, for the cable to reach the port.

If not - then I think you have a good point!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

The charging unit is on the rear left of the space, not the centre. Teslas reverse into the space and the cable is just long enough to reach that back corner. The charge port is part of the rear light cluster, so they know that all Teslas will need the same length cable because that corner will be in the same place no matter which model is parked in the space.

I suspect it'd only just reach to the right hand end of the Enyaq's rear number plate, not round the corner and down the side to the charge port near the rear wheel.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

RichR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:46 am The charging unit is on the rear right of the parking space (looking from the road), not the centre. Teslas reverse into the space and the cable is just long enough to reach the back left corner of the car. The charge port is part of the rear light cluster, so they know that all Teslas will need the same length cable because that corner will be in the same place no matter which model is parked in the space.

I suspect it'd only just reach to the right hand end of the Enyaq's rear number plate, not round the corner and down the side to the charge port near the rear wheel.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post