Terrible reversing camera FIX!!!!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

Vasarolli wrote: ↑Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:00 pm Great, works well.
TBH I don't why I should be adjusting this at all, it should just work by default, adjust it automatically or tune the levels right for both day and night.
Also I never noticed the setting as it appears only when you reach out for the screen, and that is not something I do when reversing with the car. Not too obvious that it can be adjusted.
Fully agree, very difficult to get to the settings, but at least it’s fixed and works for you. Feel stupid it was β€˜simple’, but at least I can see now πŸ˜‰

Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

I have to say @RichR, what a great fix this is. Not only is the night camera image much improved, and potentially now better than the one on my previous BMW, but actually those settings have also made the picture much better when reversing in daylight as well!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Rudesing wrote: ↑Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:58 am I have to say @RichR, what a great fix this is. Not only is the night camera image much improved, and potentially now better than the one on my previous BMW, but actually those settings have also made the picture much better when reversing in daylight as well!
It was rugbyant's fix not mine :) My Enyaq hasn't been built yet (as far as I know).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RWH

Post by RWH »

Thank you Rugbyant. Such a difference. Having got my car back in June hadn't really noticed how useless the camera was at night until recently. Now we're heading in to winter I can actually see something!! πŸ‘€
FZ1971

Post by FZ1971 »

hi there,

i adjust it also but after closing the car and starting it again the next day all the settings are gone and are on the facorysettings agian and so i must adjust them again and again.
Can you save the new settings somewhere??
Rdgcuk

Post by Rdgcuk »

FZ1971 I found the same thing (and getting it with my seat too!) could be software I guess ? But does definitely help for sure once changed so thanks for posting it!
iV80 Suite - Bigger Wheels, 125Kw Charging, Comfort Basic, Drive Assist +, Convenience Plus, Grey
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Thank you so much for this fix! Took delivery of my new Enyaq three days ago and noticed the very dark reversing camera image the very first night. Turning brightness up and contrast down turns something unacceptable into acceptable - not great but at least acceptable. Strange that dealership were unaware of fix even though they had been frustrated themselves by the same issue.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I've tried the settings but our camera is still shocking, I've only driven in the dark thus far but its unusable in my opinion compared with the Karoq we just traded in.

With no street lighting around the screen is literally black utter usless.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

A better fix for this is if safe to do so switch off the bloody lights it's like night and day !!
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

I registered a complaint about this on my iV60 on 6 September and still no satisfaction (08 01 22) despite numerous calls to my dealer - who promised to champion the problem on my behalf - and to Skoda Customer service. My dealer acknowledged that mine was not the only complaint he's had. The only response I've had, from Skoda, is "that's the way it is". Changing the settings, as suggested above, and carried out by the dealer, improved things marginally but reversing safely at night requires driving with the brakes on as the brake lights improve things somewhat. Totally unsatisfactory. By comparison my previous car, a VW Passat Estate, had a camera which gave a view like daylight at night so the technology exists within the VW Group.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post