60 range when fully loaded (family road trips!)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

EdH wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:59 pm I’ve got some good mileage with ‘Eco’ mode on. Unfortunately every time I start a new journey it defaults to ‘Normal’. This is different to other VW group cars I’ve owned.
Anyone got any idea how to overcome this? It’s infuriating!
Cheers
My current car has a dsg gearbox and if I choose eco, it always reverts back to normal the next time I start the engine.
On the petrol/diesel autos, the gearbox disengages when in eco and the foot is off the accelerator.
This is done on purpose for safety (and probably liability in an accident) as you have to decide for the car to coast (and therefore technically not fully in control as the car could speed up downhill).

andym69

Post by andym69 »

I've had my iv60 now for about 6 weeks and have done a mix of journey's ranging from 20 to 130 mile trips on town roads and on the motorway. I have definitely noticed that acceleration is the biggest factor for the range and use of the battery. Being slightly obsessive, I've been calculating using a spreadsheet the miles driven, charge required to recoup those miles on the battery and then predictions for range given a battery at 100% driven at using those driving styles.

My predicted range for a 100% battery has been between 210 and 140 miles. I do like to use my right foot on a motorway and more than anything this clearly affects the range. The average 100% charge range, using 10 journeys that I captured, was 180 miles, which I'd be happy with.

I do think the whole approach to 'refuelling' has to change with an EV. Mine is on charge every night (if it's been used). and I charge to 80%. We've managed to get the EV rate from Octopus which is .05p for 4 hours overnight. Your longer journeys just need some planning for charging stops.

From a fuel cost point of view, my average petrol spend was around £230 a month, since I had the Enyaq my recharging spend for a month was less than £45 - so I definitely feel it has been the right move for me.

Pre Covid I did used to have to drive long distances with work, however most of my work is now from home - if this changes, I can't see me going back to a petrol car, I'd probably just consider a move to another EV that could give me slightly more range - but for the moment I am really enjoying the Enyaq.

Hope this helps.
Andy
Delivered October 2021: Enyaq iV 60 Lounge, Race Blue Metallic, Assisted Drive Basic, Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Light and View Basic.
Tulls

Post by Tulls »

I am still waiting on mine but saw this, which I know is for the 80 but useful

Enyaq I 60 loft black magic

Ordered 10 May 21, delivery due mid Aug, mid Sept, late Oct, early Jan & now end Jan
DJR

Post by DJR »

I have done about 7,000 miles in my 60 and I would agree that the RWR is about 200 miles. Interestingly, either because it is warmer or because I have changed to using the "B" mode of (nearly one pedal driving) the range appears to have increased to nearer 240 miles recently.
Enyaq 60 Lounge Brilliant Silver - heat pump - basic packages - since December 21

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post