PodPoint timer settings and weak Wi-Fi

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi - sorry if this question has already been asked and answered somewhere else - but there's a bit too much to wade through on the ‘delayed charging timer’ thread!!

If I set my PodPoint to a charging schedule of 4 off-peak hours every night, will it still switch on and off at the times set, even if the Wi-Fi signal is lost? My smart plugs remember their on / off times and function as expected - even if the signal becomes weak / disappears altogether.

I’m hoping the PodPoint will work like this too - i.e. remember the on / off schedule it ‘received’ previously and act upon this accordingly, irrespective of signal strength at a later stage.

( I can’t test it as I don’t have my Enyaq yet)

I’ve asked PodPoint as well, so will post their reply once received in case it’s useful for others.

Thanks
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

So the answer I got back :

If the PodPoint loses its signal, then it will just start charging your car until it’s full (or reached the percentage set in the car).

The schedule set in the PodPoint app will be ignored.

I suppose this is probably for the best; although your charge might end up being more expensive if this happens (missing out on low night rates), at least the car is charged.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

That makes sense. You can tell from the LED on the PodPoint whether it has a connection btw (flashes pink when it’s transferring data).

Mine is a long way from my router, but as it doesn’t move it always seems to have a decent connection.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Galley

Post by Galley »

I am having similar issues with my Zappi 2 the minute I plug it in the car starts charging, regardless of schedules. I've set it on both the box manually and on app, but it doesn't come on. I'm hoping it's Me that's the problem. The app for the car is pretty basic, and I end up just activating charge on Skoda app just before going to bed.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I was concerned that this problem (or similar) would affect my smart charger. A drum of weatherproof Ethernet cable, a cheapo crimping tool, a bag of plugs, and quite a bit of grief, took my internet signal very close to the smart charger. Other problems have arisen but a weak signal is not among them.
Fossilnot
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If you can plug a WiFi extender in near the charger you should be good.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

This was one of the reasons why I went for a Rolec - I have no WiFi signal near the charger location, so the Rolec using GPRS made life much easier.

It being the cheapest option also helped me choose :)

Its working well and hasn't let me down yet, charging on my economy 7 overnight

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post