Pod Point EV poor service

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

If podpoint are claiming the grant for you it takes around 3 weeks for the process to happen between the installer and the government department. That may well be the hold up. Didn’t the podpoint installer warn you if this?. He should have done if he didn’t.

Hope you get is sorted soon.
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof

Giftedlv

Post by Giftedlv »

Finally have an install date 4/10
Whole process has taken approx 3 weeks
The engineer who came out to carry out the site survey was excellent.
The problem has always been with the Admin side as the feedback from information supplied has been very poor.
The government grant was approved within 2 days of application so this was not the hold up, I just believe that podpoint are very busy and do not have the qualified staff in the office to identify if a install can go ahead as I was asked for and sent 3 times the same information and photos before I threatened to cancel the order then very quickly all the info I had supplied was OK!
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

That’s good news. 👍
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof
Frustrated

Post by Frustrated »

Just be careful, as the Podpoint installers, Energize UK, wanted to charge us £240 over and above the standard price, because the run is longer than specified. We have negotiated it down to £220 so far, but have raised the matter with Podpoint, because we think this was not properly explained in advance. It makes the home charger very expensive. Check the spec carefully.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

It's stated when you order up standard install is 15m of cabling through a single wall and use of 3m of trunking if required.

If you don't like the price get a local firm.to.run the cables I'm or do it yourself Pod Point can supply you the cable to do it if you so wish....
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Landy66

Post by Landy66 »

No problems with my installation from podpoint. There was slight error with their online form as it didn't have a box to fill my mpan number so rang them and gave it over the phone. Went for the slightly more expensive one with the tethered cable to save opening rhe boot. Just need the enyaq now, ordered July no build date yet
plasticman

Post by plasticman »

Just to add my own experience of Pod Point. I ordered mine a while before the car due delivery date. yes it took a few weeks to process all the paperwork but I eventually received my installation date. The engineer was very helpful and did the job exactly as I wanted. Helped me to set up the app and showed me how to use the schedules for delayed charging. He cleaned up after the work and I was very pleased with the installation. My car arrived the following week and after a few days I decided to try charging. To my disappointment, the pod point only charged at 2,5Kw instead of the expected 7Kw.
This happened several times so I emailed them to report the issue. I got a reply with a case number by return saying that someone would reach out to me soon. 14 days later still waiting so emailed again. No reply so just happened to mention it to my supplying dealer who also have Pod Points installed.
He promised to call their contract manager to alert him to the problem and try and speed things up. What a coincidence....the next day I try another charge and I get full 7Kw. I never had any contact from Pod Point directly but they obviously managed to switch something remotely to solve the problem.
Moral of the story, don't bother emailing them, they're far too busy to get back to you.
Best of luck eberyone.
Mike
Enyaq 80. Eco suite, arctic ice, panoramic sunroof, 125kw charge, climate plus.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Looked at Pod Point and other suppliers of EV chargers - did not like the idea of paying the whole cost upfront, submitting photos and then waiting for installation with all the uncertainties of whether it was a standard fit or not. I used EV Sync who passed my details to several installers, one was local. This Company came out and conducted an on site survey, provided a written quote the same day which I accepted a few days later. A convenient installation date was agreed and Grant Application forms sent. Installers arrived at the time and date agreed, installed the EV Sync charger, set up the App and checked my grant application. It was only a few days later that the invoice arrived and the installation was paid for, less the Grant. I am very pleased with the whole process which was totally stress free - all I need now is my Enyaq which is waiting at Emden to be shipped to Sheerness.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

806C8F4A-7AEA-4D09-A699-AF65500F8178.jpeg

A9C6F049-0E58-4E24-A4B8-1741CDC9F966.jpeg

IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Interesting to see the contactless symbol on your home charger.

Do you have to tap it with a card to start the charge?

Wish I had one like that, it would hinder my daughter when she visits just helping herself to my leccy :) :) :)
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post