Pod Point EV poor service

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Kwesi wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:11 pm @MikeJL, thanks for the response. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it and was the government grant applied to it. Also do you require any doc proving you got EV etc.
Make sure the incomming services go your property ate bonded. Mains water stopcock (under kitchen sink/Utility room sink) if the pipe coming out of the floor before the stopcock is copper then a earth cable must be affixed to the copper pipe above the stopcock (green & yellow cable diameter of a drinking straw)

Same with the gas pipe work might be bonded within the gas meter box external to the property if nothing is visible it may be done at the boiler or possibly under the floor. This can be verified on date of install but if nothings present the installation may not go.ahead or if it is completed the pod will be left disabled until bonding is installed and verified.

In regards to mains fuse, Pod comes with a fuse saver feature that limits the pods drawn dependant upon the homes current consumption out the box its set to 60 so a 60A mains fuse (in my opinion can be left in place.....this is my opinion and not that of PodPoint) limit can also. E lowered if the Pod is to be supplied from a board within a garage.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚

Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

BioHzrd wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 am @Kwesi - It's up to you bud sooner you order the sooner you can have it in place, longer you leave it the likleyhood is you wait alot longer for it to be installed.

@Goaty - Design is the biggest change your Pod will most likely have a 2.2 PCB new ones have a 2.4 only difference is a new WiFi Module as old one no longer made.

New design was "released" late October but are only really beginning to filer through as installs, the new year is where I'm assuming it'll be Solo3 primarily with the odd Solo2 jnstall. I've only fitted 2 so far but have a few in the coming weeks.
Thanks for the confirmation πŸ‘πŸΎ. Will give them a ring and see what can be done moving forward

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post