Reversing camera at night.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

Our reversing camera is virtually useless at night. The reversing light (only one) is on but on screen we see nothing useful until we brake when the red brake lights show a glimmer of a view. The contrast with our previous VW Passat, whose camera gave a near daylight view at night, could not be greater. The problem is we need this assistance on a regular basis. What experience have other owners?

MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

Update on my previous post - Marshalls of Leicester had a look at the car yesterday and made a slight improvement by revising the settings on the camera (Brightness : full; Contrast : zero; Colour : Zero) but it is still virtually impossible to see much without the brake lights on so is unacceptable. To give them credit they had already tried another Enyaq in their blacked out workshop before seeing mine. They plan to send my videos to Skoda for their comments. I'll update you when they get back. Has no one else got this problem?
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Does there other Enyaq suffer the same issue?
tigers

Post by tigers »

This has been discussed on the italian Facebook forum, and it looks like it's quite an issue if you don't have the LED matrix lights. With them it also comes a double rear light that improves it very much. For anyone else it's just darkness
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

tigers wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 pm This has been discussed on the italian Facebook forum, and it looks like it's quite an issue if you don't have the LED matrix lights. With them it also comes a double rear light that improves it very much. For anyone else it's just darkness
Guess we're lucky then as the Sportline has matrix lights! We live in a rural area so definitely need all the lighting we can get!
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ yes, indeed there is quite a difference. Whilst the physical light ‘block’ looks the same, the rear lights actually illuminate on the boot / tailgate on the Matrix version whereas on the Standard version, they don’t illuminate at all (maybe the reverse lights and fog lights are on the tailgate part but not the rear lights or indicators).

Therefore perhaps the reversing camera is indeed helped by those extra tailgate lights on the Matrix version.

Note to Skoda - stop being cheapskates and put in the extra row of LED’s on the Standard version. How much does that cost ? €5? :lol:

AD3BD7F8-84DF-4EF3-9DC5-760367222645.jpeg

9FD26CF7-AE92-4A3F-8727-BE3AB358ADDD.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Wow that is quite a difference! I didn't even realise!
tigers

Post by tigers »

They also tell me that the matrix version features a DOUBLE reverse light, while the standard has reverse on one side and fog on the other side.
Maybe some OBD magic to turn on fog when reverse is activated?
RichR

Post by RichR »

You could always fit some additional reversing lights under the bumper - one of my old cars had that done as the previous owner used to regularly hitch up trailers at night. Not a big job to take a feed from the trailer wiring to a small LED light.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

tigers wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:46 am They also tell me that the matrix version features a DOUBLE reverse light, while the standard has reverse on one side and fog on the other side.
Maybe some OBD magic to turn on fog when reverse is activated?
You might be right - have a look at 43 seconds into this video.

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post