Reversing camera at night.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

It does look as if there might only be one reverse light on this Standard Light model. Difficult to tell though at the (deliberately sneaky?) angle Skoda used in this video.

E9EE43E2-EC1F-4311-9504-4EDC79902022.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

See my new post - I’ve fixed it!!
Yurik

Post by Yurik »

Hello friends,
VW ID.4 owner from the USA here. We have a similar problem with the ID.4 rear camera. The issue is that light reflected from the license plate gets reflected into the camera and overwhelms it rendering picture useless. I designed a camera hood that is put on to the camera underneath and it blocks that parasite light. watch the youtube video below. I don't know if the shape of the camera bulge is the same, I have yet to find a part number to compare Skoda to VW, but I suspect it could be the same. I would like to run a trial where I send my camera hood to two testers at no charge, preferably two different models, base, without that extra strip on the tail light and the other with it(sorry not familiar with trim levels of Enyak).
Hit me with the email at yurikaccessories@gmail.com.
Let me know your car. First come first serve. I will send three to ane European country.

Youtube video of the full test of camera hood:

P.S. Before moving to the US I had 1994(?) Skoda Felicia white hatchback with old 1.3MPI Skoda engine.

Here is the listing in my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/YuriKAccessories/l ... 5472451710
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hello Yurik - in the UK, our rear license plates are narrow yellow elongated rectangles and ‘possibly’ don’t cause as much light pollution for the camera, as US plates do (which I know vary state by state).

Our European friends generally have the same shape as the UK on the rear, but white - like yours (with some exceptions like The Netherlands whose rear plates look a bit like ours and Belgium who have plates which look a bit more like yours).

By the way, currently there are two rear light options for the rear of the Enyaq (as per the photo below). Standard version shown at the top and the Matrix version shown at the bottom. As far as we’ve been able to ascertain, the Standard version has just one reversing LED on the right, and the Matrix version has one on both sides.

No continuous light strip on either option (unlike the ID4).

Interesting observation though! Good luck👍

6D398280-8A38-41CA-B823-20412FDE0728.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

See this to fix most issues: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=535
Yurik

Post by Yurik »

Thank you all who responded. I selected all of the testers and responded to them via email.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post