Rear camera

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
PBH

Post by PBH »

Galley wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:57 pm The camera is a £500 extra, however it was fitted for half that following some negotiations, I use it a lot during daylight but really depend on mirrors and parking sensors. I don’t regret having it fitted, but that’s because of price not performance
Galley can you give any more info on dealer fit of camera? Who is your dealer? I'm presuming UK?
My dealer says it's not on their parts list.
Wishing we'd spec'd it at the outset - well, wife is after initially saying she wasn't bothered when I would have🤣. Reversing light is poor and mirrors aren't particularly large.

RichR

Post by RichR »

You could always fit an aftermarket setup, it'll be a lot cheaper than £500, though the screen would obviously be separate from the main one (you can get clip on rear view mirrors that integrate a screen behind the glass for example).

Don't for get that legally reversing lights have one purpose and that is to warn others that a vehicle may move backwards. They are not designed to illuminate the area so you can see where you're going. The lights for that are called work lights, though you would generally only find them on vans, tractors, trucks, excavators etc.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
PBH

Post by PBH »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:07 pm You could always fit an aftermarket setup, it'll be a lot cheaper than £500, though the screen would obviously be separate from the main one (you can get clip on rear view mirrors that integrate a screen behind the glass for example).

Don't for get that legally reversing lights have one purpose and that is to warn others that a vehicle may move backwards. They are not designed to illuminate the area so you can see where you're going. The lights for that are called work lights, though you would generally only find them on vans, tractors, trucks, excavators etc.
Yes, aftermarket would be next choice, though obviously would prefer the genuine thing.
The reversing light thing is common to many cars and is just ridiculous. No problem I guess if you live in an urban, streetlit environment. For the minority of us living in rural locations, decent reversing lights are pretty essential.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Reversing lights have never been for illumination, right from when they became mandatory and detailed in the Road Vehicles Lighting Act in the early 1980s. In fact back then you couldn't have anything more than a standard 21W filament bulb, and it had to have a wide angle beam pattern so this decreases the amount of light even more. At least now you can have much brighter LED lighting. You can always fit additional lighting if you want to - one of my old cars had a couple of lights fitted under the rear bumper so that the previous owner could see to hitch up his trailer at night more easily.

Btw - I live in an old farmhouse in rural North Yorkshire. It's pitch black here at night too. There's enough light for me to see what I'm doing from the tail lights though, although admittedly I do have the full LED matrix lighting package.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

This is the view I get with my rear camera. Standard lights / one reversing light on mine. It’s not too bad although in this shot, the street lights were on.

C50AA9C2-FED4-4386-8984-DC7CEA2889E3.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I still haven’t managed to get the part numbers nobody seems to know and all I hear from dealers is not possible

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post