GPS - does it only show named roads/streets?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
59CosG95

Post by 59CosG95 »

Hi All,
Whenever I'm driving, I see the GPS only uses the alphabetical name for a road in the top-left hand corner of the infotainment screen.
Case in point, I drove up from Peterborough to Northumberland this morning for work, a journey that mainly runs via the A1.
Rather than showing me "A1" next to the upward-pointing arrow, it only showed me the various names taken by sections of the A1, e.g. "Foston Bypass", "Great North Road", "Aberford Bypass" etc.
On Motorways (including roads such as the A1(M)), the name doesn't appear here either.
Additionally, when I leave a named road, it only displays the last named road I was on, irrespective of whether it was 50 feet behind me or 50 miles!

Has anyone else had this problem? And is there a solution?
“Give a man a fire and he’s warm for a day, but set fire to him and he’s warm for the rest of his life.” ~ Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Enyaq 60 enjoyer since Nov '23, and Citigo user since Sep '19

RichR

Post by RichR »

It is intended to show named streets, yes. I guess nobody really finds it an issue when on larger roads as they don't really need to know that information then. It's really just to add a bit of information when you're in a town rather than be of much use open road, and maybe fill that corner of the screen with something :)

Solution if you don't like this behaviour would be to connect your phone via CarPlay/AndroidAuto and use Google/Apple/Waze/whatever mapping application you prefer.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
59CosG95

Post by 59CosG95 »

Ah I see - I've no issue with it as such, as I mainly use Apple CarPlay/Android Auto for actual navigation.
Surprised it hasn't been brought up before as far as I know!
“Give a man a fire and he’s warm for a day, but set fire to him and he’s warm for the rest of his life.” ~ Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Enyaq 60 enjoyer since Nov '23, and Citigo user since Sep '19