Considering a Used Enyaq Over a New One

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
edwardsjethro

Post by edwardsjethro »

I have an enyaq booked for delivery Mar 24. 80 sportline. It is ringing at 59k euro with 0% hire purchase. I’ve seen offers of immediately available enyaq with same specs for about 5k less with a mileage of around 10k km. Would it be worth it for the sake of 5k and immediate delivery to get a used one? When I say 5k difference it’s considering the value of the loan for the used car, which is not 0%. Is 5k discount worth it for not getting a brand new car?

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi - I suppose that really depends on how much you value having a brand new car. I’ve had a lot of brand new cars over the last 25+ years but only because I get new company cars every 3~4 years. It doesn’t take long for a brand new car to look as ‘used’ as a 6 month old car…. so that 5k might be a nice saving.

But will the used one have all the features you want? Will it also have the same warranty etc as a new one? Important questions to ask yourself (and the dealership 🙂)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

It really depends on youId pay the extra for Brand New. Just knowing its history, less owners on resale, wear and tear, longer warranty etc.

5k not much extra for new IMO.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
AVoynov

Post by AVoynov »

Hi I would highly not recommend buying a used Enyaq. I bought Enyaq 80 12 months ago that had 8k miles on board and now it turns out that it doesn’t have a warranty of the high-voltage battery, which is supposed to be 8 years or 100k miles.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

AVoynov wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 pm Hi I would highly not recommend buying a used Enyaq. I bought Enyaq 80 12 months ago that had 8k miles on board and now it turns out that it doesn’t have a warranty of the high-voltage battery, which is supposed to be 8 years or 100k miles.
That cannot be right. The warranty on the battery is with the car not the owner.
AVoynov

Post by AVoynov »

ricky10 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:17 pm
That cannot be right. The warranty on the battery is with the car not the owner.
I know, it is crazy. It was a test vehicle for Skoda Czech Republic (their Mlada Boleslav showroom). They did all the upgrades at 7.5k miles and sold it to a used car dealer in Germany. I got it from him in December 2022. December 2023 it gave me the “Problem with electric drive” error and when I took it to the Skoda service, they said that vehicle battery has no warranty. It was removed in October 2022 right before they sold it.
Villacular

Post by Villacular »

Are you sure that you're not getting an 85. The 80 hasn't been manufactured since October.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Getting some legal advice I would say.

4yr old car should still have plenty warranty remaining
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I think they have a get out clause if the battery has not been cared for.

If it has been used for testing to extremes that could well void the warranty?
Other warranty on car expired after 3 years.

However should have been clear when sold to current owner.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Brussels

Post by Brussels »

If you have the choice between a 85 and an 80 used for five thousand less, take the 85! Me 4.0, new motor, battery preheating etc. is worth the difference. If it truly is 80 vs 80 used, take the used.
Reserved demo car at dealership, delivery: 16/02/2023 after 7500 kms
Demo car so no choice. Sunroof, Silver, Suite, crystal face :roll: , HUD, Family Basic, No Travel Assist (only basic) :evil: heat pump :D 19´ wheels

First time EV owner, Belgium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post