Would you have another Enyaq?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

So just approaching 2 and a half years into the ownership of our Sportline 80 which, when we bought it was going to be a keeper. However, choice has expanded and our experience with the car whilst mainly good has been mixed.

The good is the car is brilliant to drive, smooth and comfortable, relatively efficient, especially since the software upgrade last year.

Down sides, the odd failure of the the small display with no speed showing usually fixed by stopping and resetting, the over sensitive lane guidance, the over sensitive at times pedestrian braking, the dealer and service service has been consistently poor to the point of being inept. Skoda Customer Services have improved to give them their due.

In the normal course of events we would like to keep the car BUT and it’s a big but, we don’t trust the dealer to fix issues if anything goes wrong. There are other dealers around us but none have particularly good reviews. On this forum we have numerous examples of long standing issues not being fixed as well.

Any thoughts from anyone in the same or similar position and if you are looking to change elsewhere , what are you looking at? Now the Tesla Model Y has had its suspension upgraded would that sway you?
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

The long standing issues were usually due to the war and no longer able to replace parts originally sourced from Russia. That seems to be sorted now?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Yes, 100% and in fact I’m hoping to get my next one ordered soon. I had an Enyaq 80 Loft for just over 2 years as a company car but gave it back when I changed jobs last month. I may have been lucky, but I didn’t have any significant issues with it (although the tyres needed replacing at 17,000 miles but as it was a company car, I didn’t have to pay for these myself).

I’m in a pool car at the moment (BMW 320i) which is nice enough but costing me a fortune in BiK. I can’t wait to go back to an EV again and see no reason not to pick another Enyaq (unless the only option will be a 60, in which case I’ll look around at what else is out there).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

Depends on how much of a depreciation shock I get when trading it in....
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The minor niggles I've had with my Sportline 80 really are insignificant compared to the massive improvement in the driving experience over anything I've driven before. Yes, my Pulsar GTiR, Legacy GTB and Outback 3.0 handled better and were faster - but they required a lot of maintenance to keep them running. My Pajero was more comfortable and could go anywhere - but it drank a lot of fuel (even when we were running it on veg oil) and was very slow. It has delivered everything that was in the original specification and more (updating from ME2.6 to ME3.2 added some features that weren't available when I bought the car).

I love how the Enyaq does exactly what I expect it to, with no fuss. Travel Assist has transformed how I drive - it's just no effort to drive hundreds of miles without needing to use your feet or even steer that much (as long a there aren't too many roundabouts or traffic lights). The boot is big enough for two dogs in crates. There are very few EVs with boots that are able to do that - without going to something much more expensive and more van like.

The one thing I miss from my Subarus (I've had four Legacys and an Outback) and other cars is 4WD. I find the Enyaq a little too eager to spin the back wheels when on gravel or wet grass. At the time I bought my Enyaq, the 80X model hadn't been released yet in the UK so it wasn't an option.

When my finance agreement ends next year, I'll be changing to an Enyaq Sportline 85X or ideally a vRS (SUV version not Coupe) - as that'll give me almost the performance (but not handling) of my 1990s Japanese cars, but with the ability to drive to Cornwall in a stress free and affordable manner. I do keep looking, but I really can't find any other EVs that have a boot as practical as the Enyaqs, with the style and comfort it has.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I wouldnt touch a Tesla with the proverbial barge pole. Horrible cars.

I dont really see anything on the market that draws me in currently. The Kia EV6 is a sort of "maybe" but i havent actually been in one, and i hear that kia go over the top with bings and bongs while driving which i suspect would drive me nuts.

I've had minimal issues with the car tbh, most of the "infotainment" complains i hear i just dont see in my car. I've never had pedestrian braking engage, lane assist can be niggly but you can also turn it off if it really bothers you.

The main one has been the battery recall issue, Skoda have had my car since the end of november, awaiting bolts to do the repair work, which is pretty crap. That said i'm driving around in an loaner Enyaq 80x just now, so its kinda fine.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

Based on my experience so far, I’m a big fan of the Enyaq. The space on offer is fantastic and with 3 kids and a dog to carry, I don’t think there’s much else on the market that would meet the same needs, short of spending a lot more money.

There are a few things I think they could improve on:

1. The virtual cockpit screen - it does the basics fine, but coming from a Mk 2 VW Tiguan which had a 10.5in screen which offered much more functionality - such as having your satnav maps in front of you - it feels like a step back. I suspect this was done (a) to save costs, and (b) to push people towards the HUD, but I’ d like to see a decent upgrade there.

2. Slider controls. Ugh. They’re just rubbish. I rarely use the volume slide beneath the screen and opening the sunroof is more occasional over winter, but if there was ever a retrograde step, this is it. I wouldn’t touch an iD4 or 3 for this reason. Even on screen controls are preferable. Thankfully the Enyaq has buttons for most stuff.

3. Winter range. I should qualify this by saying I don’t have a heat pump, but the drop in range over winter has been pretty bad. Maybe heat pumps should become standard, but I’d hope future electric cars are able to offer a bit more consistency across seasons.

4. That charging port flap. I’ve had it stick half-open a few times (thankfully not had to break anything to fix it!) but it needs to be better quality considering it’s often left open to the elements.

5. The low speed emergency / auto braking - it’s too sensitive and annoying to have to turn it off every time I get in the car.

But overall, with hindsight, would I have the same car again? Absolutely yes.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
Pict

Post by Pict »

My intention is to wait for the Elroq to be released and then decide.

All the benefits of my Enyaq in a smaller package as we no longer require such a large car.

We seem to be one of the few owners who have not had any serious issues (sunroof controls sorted with software update) and are happy on software version 3.0 and feel the Enyaq has been our ideal family vehicle

Dirt cheap running costs using IOG
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
white67

Post by white67 »

Certainly. 2 years in, 4 tyres and one service - total £1k. Puddle lights aside and one off blank screens (entertaining that was!), no issues at all.

I tried to get hold of another one when the 0% offer was on but the trade-in was rubbish so didn't bother. Happy to hold on to it until a good deal for new one comes along.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

I would probably like to have a look at the ID4 again.

Skoda app software seems to be slower.

Aside from VWG cars, maybe Volvo EX30 looks interesting but probably need something a bit more spacious and a bit more boot space.

Still got plenty time left on mine so will see what the market is like then.

Keep on seeing videos and articles about a wave of cheap EVs and from the time I decided to go down the EV route which was back in Jan 2022, I have no seen anything materialised.

Its rapidly becoming like the promise of Fusion energy, always 10yrs away. Or in this case, always 1yr or 18months away.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post