Would you have another Enyaq?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
orrery

Post by orrery »

It would depend on whether they start to try charging me for app features - I'm not paying £46k for a car and then paying more the the app features to work. Add to that I seem to stuck on V3.0 and that I've not had any communication from Skoda as to what is going on. I wouldn't ever want to own a Tesla, but at least they 'get' software.

I'll certainly be looking round at competitive offerings, and specifically the Nissan Ariya. The next purchase will need to be more competitively prices, or have a better deal.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Thanks for all the considered replies with some good points made. As the initial post said we love the car most of the time and in our opinion so one of the best looking and distinctive EV’s out there. The Model Y is a strange looking thing but it seems to work and the software gets remotely upgraded regularly. The supercharger network is a big selling point for many but as we do most of our charging at home not a game changer for us.

The newer 85’s do come with different software that can be upgraded further than the original can go too.

Of course trade in value will come into play and we hope the VW/Skoda improve their customer care soon. Decisions, decisions.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I run my Enyaq alongside a Tesla Model 3RWD and when I look to sell both and come down to one EV, will seriously consider the soon to be introduced revised Tesla Model Y. If it’s as good as the new Model 3 Highland I drove a couple of weeks ago it will be a strong contender (quieter, softer suspension, good build quality and no silly and expensive VAG extra packs).
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Hi Dorsetandy, That is very interesting and as a matter of interest, how do the insurance premiums compare please. Not asking for the the actual figures just the difference between if any and which is the most expensive?

There have been a lot of stories in the media about Teslas insurance premiums going through the roof but are they the same as “electric car catches fire” or “EV driver stranded when car doesn’t go as far in the cold” type ie just media hype? All car insurances have gone up I’m interested to see if the difference , if any, between the Enyaq and the Tesla has widened or not.
Thanks
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
RichR

Post by RichR »

If the Model Y's boot was 6cm wider, it could be on my 'consider' list. I'm not a fan of its looks though, but then again I used to drive a Pulsar GTI-R which is one hell of an ugly car :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Hi Archer - Tesla is quite a bit more to insure - around 65% more. I have a multi car policy with LV with cost about £950 in 2023 for both cars. The Y is likely to be even more expensive to insure. The Enyaq is quite reasonable to insure imo.

Agree Rich R the Y is an ugly car although beauty is in the eye of the beholder😂
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Judging by the number of times I have been cut up by a Tesla Y, racing off at traffic lights, or even being passed by them on the road doing at least 20mph over the speed limit it is not surprising!

Insurance costs reflect the type of people who buy a particular make and model of car.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
bristolian

Post by bristolian »

I'd certainly get another, despite a long problem with cruise control not working, which took a year to sort out, with the car at the dealers for 10 weeks and which turned out to be just a duff switch! The car itself suits us perfectly, don't see another with as much space in the back and the ability to tow a small trailer, which we do need. I'd also probably go for the 4-wheel drive version next time, having had Octavia Scouts for my previous two cars. No complaints really, certainly since the 3.0 software came out.
Enyaq IV 80 Race Blue 125kW, Tow Bar, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light And View Package Basic, Transport Package, Parking Package Plus, Assisted Drive Package Basic, Climate Package Plus.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Now's not the time to buy an EV. Apparently there will be 17 new Chinese EV's released in europe in 2024 - I expect most of these cars to be under £30k and will IMO drive other manufacturers to reconsider their pricing.

Would I buy another Enyaq?. Its like asking if i'd go back to the same hotel for holidays. Yes I would, but more likely i'd like to try something else. The Fisker Ocean for me is the most interesting EV but no idea about build quality or reliability, The Hyundais look fantastic with a better warranty and reliability. I'd have a Tesla, don't love them to look at but I appreciate they are the best all rounders now with improved pricing and range,
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
orrery

Post by orrery »

metalmadhammer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:22 pm Now's not the time to buy an EV. Apparently there will be 17 new Chinese EV's released in europe in 2024 - I expect most of these cars to be under £30k and will IMO drive other manufacturers to reconsider their pricing.

Lease one then.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post