Rear Dash Cam self fit

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Scottmo

Post by Scottmo »

Hi
I have a new enyaq 85 edition. I fitted a front dash cam easily but want to fit a rear one. Plan is to use the 12v socket in the boot for power. However, I'm having problems working out a route from there to the window... Specifically, how to get from the 'car' part of the boot to the tailgate part. I'd be most grateful for any help with this!
Enyaq 85 Edition
Graphite Grey

RichR

Post by RichR »

You'll need to remove the inner boot trim to get access to the two rubber tubes that carry wires and the screenwash pipe through to the boot door.

Or alternatively, it's possible there's a switched 12V supply for the reversing camera or number plate lights in the tailgate itself that you could use, along with a wireless video transmitter to get the signal over to the body of the car. I did this on one of my Subarus for a reversing camera - took power inside the boot door from the reversing lights for the camera and a wireless transmitter, then put the wireless receiver in the boot with the cable to the front of the car. However I don't know for sure if there is a suitable switched supply in the Enyaq boot door. Might need to take the trim off and see what you can find with a voltmeter.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I would be very wary of trying to route things thru the factory wiring conduits...

Also bear in mind that the rear 12v socket is permanently live on some models.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Scottmo

Post by Scottmo »

RichR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:35 am You'll need to remove the inner boot trim to get access to the two rubber tubes that carry wires and the screenwash pipe through to the boot door.

Or alternatively, it's possible there's a switched 12V supply for the reversing camera or number plate lights in the tailgate itself that you could use, along with a wireless video transmitter to get the signal over to the body of the car. I did this on one of my Subarus for a reversing camera - took power inside the boot door from the reversing lights for the camera and a wireless transmitter, then put the wireless receiver in the boot with the cable to the front of the car. However I don't know for sure if there is a suitable switched supply in the Enyaq boot door. Might need to take the trim off and see what you can find with a voltmeter.
Thanks,
Any tips on removing that trim?
Enyaq 85 Edition
Graphite Grey
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

Scottmo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:35 pm
RichR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:35 am You'll need to remove the inner boot trim to get access to the two rubber tubes that carry wires and the screenwash pipe through to the boot door.

Thanks,
I've taken the trim off to fit a Garmin Mini 2dashcam - no real tricks I just eased it off carefully - I think I may have broken one clip but it all went back ok including the rubber tubes. I fitted two cables, one for just switchable power and another that allows it to remain powered as a parking guard. I've got it wired in to the rear 12V socket (mine is switcheable) but I am planning once I acquire some suitably small cable to extend the other cable to the front fuse box and wire it for the parking guard the same as the front camera I fitted.
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

RallimG wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:59 am
Scottmo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:35 pm

Thanks,
I've taken the trim off to fit a Garmin Mini 2 dashcam - no real tricks I just eased it off carefully - I think I may have broken one clip but it all went back ok including the rubber tubes. I fitted two cables, one for just switchable power and another that allows it to remain powered as a parking guard. I've got it wired in to the rear 12V socket (mine is switchable) but I am planning once I acquire some suitably small cable to extend the other cable to the front fuse box and wire it for the parking guard the same as the front Garmin camera.
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
Scottmo

Post by Scottmo »

Thanks!
I'll give it a try...
Enyaq 85 Edition
Graphite Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post