Driving to the South of France

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mdk1

Post by Mdk1 »

Hi all,

We are driving down to the South of France this summer, in my Enyaq VRS.
This will be the first year going down in an EV, I know it will need probably 4 stops for charging which is fine,
The question is what are the best apps to use for charging in France?
I know most of the services on route have charging stations, so that’s not an issue and we drive over night.
Thanks
Mike
Mike.
Skoda Enyaq VRS.
Skoda Enyaq 60 Suite.
Skoda Citigo SEL ASG.

Panagon

Post by Panagon »

Many of the Tesla sites in France are open to non Tesla's, it's worth getting the Tesla app.

ABRP is also recommended
GPY

Post by GPY »

We travelled to France and Italy last year in our IV80. We did use a couple of Tesla chargers but I would definitely recommend Ionity chargers which are plentiful all the way down. Get an Ionity passport and cancel it the next day and you will have a months worth of savings. (This was advised by Ionity as you need to give a months notice to cancel). Worked really well, stress free journey to Tuscany and back
Ordered Oct 21 IV 80 energy blue, loft interior, heat pump, climate pack, convenience pack, retractable tow bar
BlueEnyaq

Post by BlueEnyaq »

So we drive out to the French Alps several times a year, just got home today. We have the Skoda Powerpass and virtually all the high speed chargers that we use are covered by this at very significantly reduced prices - we are paying around 32 Euro cents for Ionity and about 22 Euro cents for Total, Engie, and Fastned , and 28 Euro cents for Shell (all per KWh). So the Powerpass subscription is very worthwhile. On our route we also find that several of the Ionity stations are just off the Autoroute and lack facilities (toilets etc) so we mostly use Total and Engie.

The other card worth having is a Chargemap Pass. They are a French company and this gives access to virtually all chargers in France however obscure. I used it last night at a 7Kw charger at the hotel we stayed in, and I don’t think could have accessed the charger without a RFID card of some sort. It costs €22 as a one off fee, but doesn’t give any discounts. The Chargemap app also gives the most comprehensive database of chargers in France in my experience. Have a great trip!
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

IO
Mdk1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:04 pm Hi all,

We are driving down to the South of France this summer, in my Enyaq VRS.
This will be the first year going down in an EV, I know it will need probably 4 stops for charging which is fine,
The question is what are the best apps to use for charging in France?
I know most of the services on route have charging stations, so that’s not an issue and we drive over night.
Thanks
Mike
I have used Fastned Gold and Ionity Passport, + Electroverse for the occasional charge with different operators.
PeterSeib

Post by PeterSeib »

The best way to find chargers is Freshmile. Not really great on the car screen the car but fine on the phone and lists all public chargers. So far the credit has worked on most chargers.

I do chuckle a bit when I get to our deeply rural property and plug my 13A adaptor into the wall socket. Still, good excuse for cheese & wine while I wait a day to recharge!
BlueEnyaq

Post by BlueEnyaq »

Haven’t used Freshmile, but have just downloaded the app and as you say it looks like a very comprehensive guide to public chargers - thanks for the tip
Mdk1

Post by Mdk1 »

PeterSeib wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:47 pm The best way to find chargers is Freshmile. Not really great on the car screen the car but fine on the phone and lists all public chargers. So far the credit has worked on most chargers.

I do chuckle a bit when I get to our deeply rural property and plug my 13A adaptor into the wall socket. Still, good excuse for cheese & wine while I wait a day to recharge!
May I ask what adapter you use please?
Mike.
Skoda Enyaq VRS.
Skoda Enyaq 60 Suite.
Skoda Citigo SEL ASG.
Mdk1

Post by Mdk1 »

Thanks for all the replies. Have downloaded the above mentioned apps,
Just hope they get the roads repaired after the French farmers have dug them up!
Mike.
Skoda Enyaq VRS.
Skoda Enyaq 60 Suite.
Skoda Citigo SEL ASG.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post