Climate timer and departure timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

Can somebody please help explain the difference between the timers…. I’ve read other threads but not fully understood or really bothered with any of these until it’s now starting to get colder..

Departure timers
1. Charge immediately (pretty obvious to me)

2. Departure timer..
If you had a dumb wall connector this would allow scheduling right?
Does it charge as late as possible?
Does it use any info on grid ‘green’ level?
What’s the use case for this? Is it just for tariffs with cheaper rates and dumb chargers?
Does this heat battery for the departure time?

3. departure timer + climate control
Same as 2 I guess but with climate control set also?
What settings are used for climate? As climate is set in app or as car was last set?

4 Climate Control plan.
Pretty obvious also I think…
Does this heat battery or just cabin+windows?

Whats the best way of preconditioning the car when cold weather and on a long trip, using power from mains, when on IO? Not worries about the elec costing the day rate as it’s still far cheaper than most chargers out and about.

Using the climate plan seems to work and the car/IO/zappi charger (with preconditioning on) draws power (~3KW) from the grid to heat the car but I don’t think this is heating the battery so won’t help as much with range as departure timer… but I don’t think the departure timer will work with IO as it could conflict with the IO schedule?

Any experience or advice appreciated!

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

[i[/i]I have not tried all the options extensively so would be interested in feedback from others, however this is my view based on experience so far

2. Departure timer..
If you had a dumb wall connector this would allow scheduling right? Yes
Does it charge as late as possible? It appears to aim to achieve the required charge level by the departure time set.
Does it use any info on grid ‘green’ level? No
What’s the use case for this? Is it just for tariffs with cheaper rates and dumb chargers? If off peak tariff timing has been set as well it appears to preferntially use this time rather than aim for the departure time. Now I have IO I do not use this any more. Instead I set the departure time as the required time in the Octopus app. Quite often I have found the charging plan includes a slot leading up to the departure time, but not always.
Does this heat battery for the departure time? I have not seen any evidence of this.

3. departure timer + climate control
Same as 2 I guess but with climate control set also?Yes
What settings are used for climate? As climate is set in app or as car was last set? I have not used this but I suspect that it uses the car settings unless you subsequently change them in the app.

4 Climate Control plan.
Pretty obvious also I think…
Does this heat battery or just cabin+windows? I think it just heats the interior and windows.

Whats the best way of preconditioning the car when cold weather and on a long trip, using power from mains, when on IO? Not worries about the elec costing the day rate as it’s still far cheaper than most chargers out and about.
The way I do it is to set IO to give the required charge for the departure time and then I manually start heating using the app 5 to 10 minutes before I leave. If IO schedules a charge slot leading up to departure time it has always achieved the required charge for me ahead of time and I get the heating at the reduced rate. If it does not then heating at the day rate is not too expensive anyway.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post