Can you delete the octopus app and run timer from charger app?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

And still benefit at 11.30pm to 7.5p tarrif?

I have the cell mismatch battery recall and each time octopus charges it triggers alarm, 4 times last night by 1.30am. So logged out the app. Can I use the Hypervolt app and set timer myself?

Cheers again

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

You can disable the Octopus scheduling within the Octopus app & then use your charger's scheduling. Someone described how a few days ago, but I can't find the relevant post! Click icon on top left of Octopus app, then Devices & follow prompts from there.

Be aware of Octopus's T&Cs:
"2.4.1.5 To be eligible for this tariff, you agree to download the Octopus Energy app and register your low carbon technology on the app. This is an ongoing requirement throughout your time on this tariff. If at any time you do not have an active authorisation for integration with a supported vehicle or charge point and you have not had such active authorisation for a period of more than 30 days, you will no longer be eligible for this tariff and we will switch you to one of our fairly priced standard tariffs and you will be billed according to your usage under that tariff."

To keep the Intelligent tariff you will need to enable it at least once every thirty days - better than waking the neighbours every night! If you explain the situation to Octopus, they may make an exception for you until the car is fixed.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

That's fab MikeLJ thank you.
Car is getting fixed in four weeks time so will disable for a fortnight and then run a charge in a few weeks time.
Running off chargers schedule will allow me to set the charge at 11.32pm and be ready to deactivate the alarm unlike last night.
It is bonkers, doing the school pick up and all you hear is alarm going off, shocking having to put up with this from. Early Aug to late Nov.
MikeJL wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 pm You can disable the Octopus scheduling within the Octopus app & then use your charger's scheduling. Someone described how a few days ago, but I can't find the relevant post! Click icon on top left of Octopus app, then Devices & follow prompts from there.

"2.4.1.5 To be eligible for this tariff, you agree to download the Octopus Energy app and register your low carbon technology on the app. This is an ongoing requirement throughout your time on this tariff. If at any time you do not have an active authorisation for integration with a supported vehicle or charge point and you have not had such active authorisation for a period of more than 30 days, you will no longer be eligible for this tariff and we will switch you to one of our fairly priced standard tariffs and you will be billed according to your usage under that tariff."

To keep the Intelligent tariff you will need to enable it at least once every thirty days - better than waking the neighbours every night! If you explain the situation to Octopus, they may make an exception for you until the car is fixed.
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

Suspending smart charging does not break this term and condition.

You need an “ active authorisation for integration with a supported vehicle” if your car is connected, but charging is suspended you have an active for authorisation for integration with the vehicle. IE they can see the data from your vehicle. It does not say anywhere they have to control it.

Having access without smart charging enabled allows octopus to see many things about your car and likely charging expectations. They will know if your car is at 10% even if they don’t control it.
MikeJL wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 pm You can disable the Octopus scheduling within the Octopus app & then use your charger's scheduling. Someone described how a few days ago, but I can't find the relevant post! Click icon on top left of Octopus app, then Devices & follow prompts from there.

I’ve used OI with smart charging suspended for months and no issue whatsoever.

Also since my car went to dealer for electric drive warning where they diagnosed the issue but didn’t fix it - the alarm has not gone off once!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post