Enyaq charging problems

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Rai40

Post by Rai40 »

Hi all,

Back in Aug I took my Enyaq to my local dealer as it wasn't synching my profile. After three weeks, yes it took them that long! I got my car back. They mentioned they restored the software?

This is when the problem started with charging the car at home with my Ohme Pro charger. so, I plugged the car late evening to charge with Intelligent Octopus low tariff the car goes green and then straight into a white light, follows by no light at all.

After a lot of back and forth with Ohme support, they supplied a brand NEW charger. But the car still dropping off the charging sessions and doesn't charge fully to 80%

I have seen on trustpilot similar case where people are having this problem. I also had a report from Ohme showing an error from the car disconnecting and going to sleep mode.

I have raised the issue with Skoda but they have kept blaming the Ohme charger even when it has been replaced. The customer service of Skoda is a total joke. And no-one seems to care at all.

I wonder if someone have been having similar problems with their car charging overnight. It seems to me at this stage after having installed a new charger that this is a car problem rather than blame it on the charger as Skoda dealership told me.

In general, since late August when I picked up the car from the Skoda dealership the car has failed to recognised the charger. Before the charger was replaced it show green light followed by white and then totally off. Also, the Skoda App telling me that the car was not connected when clearly it was.

The car is only a year and a three months old and already is having issues with charging that Skoda is ignoring. I am very disappointed now that I bought the car.

would be very grateful for any help and support.

Best wishes,

Rai
Skoda Enyaq iv80 registered June 2022. Metallic Grey - charger Ohme Pro tethered - using Octopus Intelligent tariff - East Sussex

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I have been using my PodPoint charger to charge my Enyaq for 3 months, without any EV tariff, and expereince no problems. We have also been using the charger for 2.5 years to charge the Kona without any problems. On Wednesday I was finally in a position to attempt to switch to Intelligent Octopus. Initially the test charge failed but when I examined the status in the MySkoda app I found that charging had been turned off. When I initially connected the car the status indicator was green and the charger had been drawing 7kW so the car had been charging and I had not taken any action to stop the charge. Once I turned charging on in the app the test charge was successful and I was able to perform an IO charge overnight to 65% without problem. On Thursday night I connected the car to set up a charge to 80% and the car started charging (green status indicator and charger drawing 7kW) however charging stopped within 1 minute (0.1kWh drawn), the status indicator went off and the MySkoda app showed the car status as having the cable disconnected before Octopus had set up a charging plan. After I disconnecte and reconnected the cable Octopus detected and set up a charging plan resulting in the required 80% charge in the morning.

I think that it is highly unlikely that the problems were due to a fault suddenly and coincidently developing in the charger. I do not have enough data yet to suggest whether there is a problem in the car, the Skoda servers, the Octopus Kraken servers or some interaction between them. My initial assumption, based on how I would design the system, would be that the root cause would be a problem in the car software/firmware but it might be triggered by interaction with Octopus. Octopus do describe IO as a beta product and warn that it may not always work. If the problems persist but only occur shortly after connecting the car to the charger and can be resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting then I can live with the problem with the hope that things will improve with further development.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post