Enyaq arrived today

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ovv

Post by Ovv »

Having waited a good few weeks since the initial deposit went down, my Enyaq 60 finally arrived this morning. The delay was caused mainly due to EST taking a lot longer to process the paperwork for funding, kudos to Marshall Skoda Oxford for waiting so long, probably longer than both of us expected and at one point I thought the deal was going to fall through.

Anyways, very pleased with my purchase (turns out there was two additional packages that I wasn't aware of) - now onto the job of getting some home charger quotes.

Can anyone recommend a brand or what I should be looking for charger wise? or brands to stay away from?

e01.thumb.jpg.01ba4f500e64c6fb2a6096272a64e9fe.jpg

Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

That colour looks great - nice pic.......
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
Bikeronnie

Post by Bikeronnie »

Personally have a Hypervolt which I've had no problems with. One thing to consider at the minute is who is doing EV tariffs for home charging. I personally use OVO charge anytime but my Hypervolt isn't on the list of compatible chargers for OVO or Octopus who are the only other company that are doing EV tariffs (that I know of). Luckily the Enyaq is on the list of compatible cars with OVO so I'm all good. To my knowledge both companies claim to be adding more compatible chargers in due course but at the minute the only charger compatible with both companies is the Ohme. This doesn't really matter at the minute whilst owning the enyaq but should you get rid and things don't change regarding compatible chargers then any car you purchase later on will need to be on the list of compatible cars or you can install a compatible charger now. All that said, I presume you'll be keeping the Enyaq for a year or 2 at least and a lot may change in that time!
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I went with Ohme and was referred to them by the Skoda dealer so they contacted me and dealt direct at a price much cheaper than local quotes from other installers.
Works with Octopus Intelligent who have the best EV rate and experience at the moment.
If you are going to change to them do it now as you have to be with them on a suitable smart meter for about 6 weeks before you can then go on the OI tariff.
If you want a link to Octopus let me know and we will both get £50 back!
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

I have an Easee 1 and very happy with it especially the app, works well with Octopus Go https://easee.com/uk/home-charging/
It’s the neatest looking charger I have seen.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic
Smk82

Post by Smk82 »

I have a Zappi (which is had fitted prior to my first electric car) as I knew at some point in the future I’d want something which would do solar divert. I now have pV/batteries so can at least benefit from some free miles when sufficient is available. Also due to be soon compatible with octopus intelligent like the ohme currently is as well
Two Yaq;
Energy blue 60 suite, parking, convenience and climate pack basic
brilliant silver 80 coupe sportline plus
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

I went with Hypervolt, after shortlisting Hypervolt, Zaptec and Evios. Happy with that, still believe that those 3 are the best options around.
They are slightly different: amongst other things, Hypervolt and Evios are fairly similar and tethered, and you can easily put the cable around them, but Hypervolt is mobile-app based, while with Evios you have functionalities available directly on the charger.
Zaptec is unthetered, and in my view makes sense like, without keeping the cable on. Small, with very good software features.
Ovv

Post by Ovv »

Thanks for all the replies.

So I've had quotes back from both the suppliers who are EST approved, one for a Zaptec charger and the other being a Wallbox Pulsar Max, with there being approximately £80 difference between them (£924 & £843 after EST respectively). Looking online, the cost quoted for either box about the same, just the fitting costs that vary. Zaptec is 5 year warranty, Wallbox is 3 year,

I don't think I'm going to move suppliers, as my current supplier has a rate very similar to Octopus, which means less faff for me. Not planning on solar and already have a smart meter fitted.

I see that some energy suppliers are quite specific or at least have a list of approved boxes, so might look at some of those options just incase I ever do change energy suppliers.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post