ME3.x upgrade increase in economy

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Just an observation that might be useful to anyone still on ME2.x

This weekend I drove to Cornwall and back to North Yorkshire again (I do this a couple of times a year) - the first time since my car was updated from ME2.6 to ME3.2. Usually I average around 3.6 mi/kWh. This time I averaged 4.1 mi/kWh in both directions, on wet roads, with a lot more in the car than usual (I know that weight doesn't have a huge impact on economy in the Enyaq but thought I'd mention it). Climate control set to 20C and outside air temperature similar to other times I've travelled at this time of year (or in the spring). Average speed for the trip was 58mph - mostly 60-70mph on the motorway, dragged down a bit by Devon and Cornwall country roads.

So I suspect there have been some tweaks to improve efficiency in the ME3.x update. Probably a good reason to do it if you're still holding off.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

DanishFamilyMan

Post by DanishFamilyMan »

I've made the same observations.
I do think that improvement in efficiency is only one part of it.
I believe that Skoda has released more of the battery reserve, to a usable energy.
On ME 2.x I could add 14% energy to the battery per hour on my 11kw home charger.
Now on 3.0 I can add 12-13% energy to the battery per hour. (with the exact same kw going in to the car)
Which in my opinion, must be due to a “bigger” battery.
IV 80 First edition, SW 3.0, Black magic, Heatpump, 125kw, Suite cabin, 21" Betria, Towbar, Assisted Drive Plus, Transport package, Climate Package Plus, Comfort seat, Convenience Plus with alarm, Drive Sport Plus, Light and view, family basic.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I cant say i've noticed any difference. The main efficiency tweaks seemed to be around battery heating which probably only matters in lower temps than we are currently experiencing.

I also never get anywhere near 4mi/kwh, low 3's is typical for my commute.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

The Skoda web page https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/enyaq-iv-software-update highlights and promotes the benefits of ME3.2
This new version of the software is called ME 3.2 and includes updates to the infotainment system’s functions, controls, and design. The improved battery management enhances your car’s range and increases the charging efficiency, which means shorter charging times. This update also includes an expanded range of Škoda Connect online services.

However, all the features are described as 'updates', 'improved', 'enhances', 'increases' ... They're all comparative terms.
But nowhere does it say compared to what.

From RichR's experience there is an improvement compared to his previous ME2.x
But there's nothing in Skoda's promises to say that these improvements would also hold true for someone already at ME3.0, i.e. me.

Perhaps ME3.0 to ME3.2 is a nothing-to-see-here update and I've already got all the updates, increases, improved's and enhanced's that are worth having?
In which case the fact that no OTA has arrived to take me from 3.0 to 3.2 maybe is no big deal?
But, oh, wouldn't it be nice of Skoda just to be clear and comprehensive about issuing release notes online so we could be sure?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post