How do you stop enyaq auto charging when you plug house charger in.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Decide

Post by Decide »

Dorsetandy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:55 am Hello EnyaqAndy,

Thanks that a very helpful and comprehensive explanation of IO. Switched to IO a from Octopus Go a few months ago and am finding a slight savings in the off peak tariffs is offset by the 15/20 minute test on IO at peak rates. Typically this puts 1.5kw into the car before setting up the IO schedule. So a test charge costs around 45p and I typically put around 30 kw in overnight which brings the average per kw pretty close to Go rate. I tried to mitigate these costs by charging less frequently but adding more charge, so less frequent expensive test charges. Even considered waiting to 11:30pm and then plugging in but this sort of defeats the “intelligent” objective.

Does anyone understand the logic of the IO schedule, for example last night mine was 11:30-12:30, 12:30 -06:30. Why not just schedule 11:30 -06:30?
I do find IO reliable for charging to the required SOC by the time set in the Octopus App.
Are you saying it takes 15-20 mins for IO to stop the charge when initially plugged in?

My stops in 1-2 mins. Very occasionally upto 5 mins.

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Yes, usually takes 15-20 minutes, used to be quicker. I try refreshing the App but just have to let IO connect with the car and establish a schedule. Tried moving the car closer to my wi-fi router but doesn’t make any difference. I use a Sync EV charger. My IO car is actually a Tesla Model 3 - simply because establishing an initial connection with IO seems easier with Tesla software. My Enyaq is charged via my SyncEV charger 11:30 - 05:30 as a second vehicle.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

The most ours has charged at peak before the schedule overrides is around 1kW, or 10 minutes. Usually a lot less. Now, as others have said, I just click stop in the Skoda app after a few seconds, so the peak charge is negligible. The Intelligent Octopus schedule is still somehow set and the detail of the slots arrives a few minutes later.
If you don't want that faff, then just switch Intelligent Octopus off in the app and charge it like a second car on timer between 23:30 and 05:30. Set the washing machine, dishwasher or whatever on timer to come on during that time too. Technically you're meant to charge it on Intelligent Octopus at least once a month to maintain the tariff.

As others have said, the logic is to charge on the cheapest (which is the same as the cleanest) electricity, so it just picks out the cheapest timeslots for that, which achieve the charge you need, but the time you need it. It's fun to change your charging criteria in the app and see how the schedule changes. With our 80 we often get an extra half hour or so in the early morning in preference to the middle of the night.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Just press ‘Stop Charging’ on the infotainment Charging screen as soon as you have plugged in. IO will then set the schedule - which may look random at first but it is trying to balance overall grid consumption overnight and avoids every car charging starting at 23:30.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post