Car settings preventing scheduled charging?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
scannie

Post by scannie »

Enyaq 80 Sportline 2022
Ohme Home Pro

Just bought an Enyaq and deliriously happy, apart from one problem...

I have an Ohme Home Pro charger on the Intelligent Octopus tariff. The advice I received from the installer was to only schedule charging using the Ohme app. I've set it to charge to max 80% every morning by 05:00 (when the cheap overnight tariff ends and, conveniently, when I have to leave for work a couple of days a week. I have no schedules set in the car or Skoda app.)
The car charges fine at public charging stations or at home if I select the "bump" Charge Now option. However, the scheduled charging worked for the first night and since then has not. The Ohme app dashboard shows the scheduled overnight charge, but it... doesn't happen. Charging either does not start at all, starts when it is supposed to end, or starts and then stops after half an hour.
I've raised a ticket with Ohme, but they suggest that the problem is related to settings in the car. I have no charging schedules set, but could there be any other in car settings that might prevent the schedule set in the charger from working as intended?
Has anyone had any similar problems? Any suggestions about a fix very gratefully received!
Scannie.

Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

From my understanding you need to remove all scheduals on the car and charger to let Intelligent Octopus control the charge wither via the charger or the car. They will decide on a charging plan once you have plugged the car in. You can specify in the Octopus app what time you need your car ready for and what charge % you want it to charge to.

If you use the schedule in the car and/or on the charger then its not being controlled by Intelligent Octopus so the charge may fail because of that. You'll also loose the Intelligent Octopus rates if you dont let them control the car at least once every 30 days.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
scannie

Post by scannie »

Much appreciated! I’ve cancelled all the schedules in the car and even set the “Charge immediately to xx%” setting to zero, just in case. I’m starting to think it must be the charger, but Ohme are convinced it’s the car and Skoda are convinced it’s the charger. Neither offering anything to back up their assertions, for the record… 😂
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

You do need to make sure that the car maximum percentage setting is equal to or greater than what you've set in Octopus app. I'm not sure the impact of setting 'charge now' to 0%...
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
Dad

Post by Dad »

I have the Ohme and IO and if you search for the thread on Ohme and intelligent octopus you will see how I set mine up after a few issues.

Couple of questions.
1. Does your Octopus app confirm you are on the IO tariff?
2. If yes to above, did you set up Octopus to connect to your Ohme charger or the car? Should be the charger.
3. In your Ohme app you should just have one schedule set and mine is for 11:30 to 05:00 and a target charge of 70% (because that works for me).
4. When you plug the charging cable into the car do you get a notification on your phone saying that octopus has sent a charging schedule to your charger? This is important! If you look at your Ohme app it should show the upcoming scheduled charge as “smart charging” or something like that.

If all the above looks correct, especially the last point, don’t expect the charging to start at exactly 11:30… Octopus will start it when it wants within that window.

Happy to try and help.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
scannie

Post by scannie »

@Dad - Thanks for the reply and the offer. Looking at your questions:
1. Yes.
2. Yes. (Under Devices in the Octopus app, there’s just a message telling me everything is controlled from the Ohme app.)
3. Same. I’ve got one schedule that aims for 80% charge by 05:00.
4. Yes. I get a push notification with a timing schedule of something like 23:00 to 04:59.
I can Max Charge during the day without a problem, but if I try that off-peak, it works briefly (presumably long enough to handshake with the car) and then stops. The Ohme Technical Team think the car is “rejecting” the charge when it’s delayed/scheduled. No-one from Skoda seems to either understand even the basic charging functions or give much of a crap. (Pardon my French…)

Any suggestions very gratefully recieved! Might it be worth uninstalling all apps, doing a factory reset on the car and starting again from zero?
Dad

Post by Dad »

IMG_0784.png

After you get the push notification, does your screen look like this in the Ohme app? I.e. the Smart Charging title?

If yes then it seems something is interfering with the setup such as a schedule(s) on the car or another schedule on the Ohme app. The schedules in the car are not obvious I seem to recall.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post