No votes
Change to a 80x Sportline Plus now
4%
Wait until next year to see new models
75%

Total votes: 28

ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

So I've had my Enyaq 80 for nearly 2 years. The boot space and drive quality have been great - the numerous electrical gremlins haven't, and I've been looking for the last 6 months for something comparable boot wise with no success. Local Skoda dealership has closed, and I can't even find anyone local to do the v3 software update.

It's a company car, and no cost for the switch for me. So have been thinking about trading it in for a new 80 Sportline Plus or even 80x Sportline Plus. I don't specifically need the 4x4, but I don't mind the drop in m/kWh if that's the better model option.

Just wondering for those who have had experience with the standard 80 and the Sportline whether there is enough of a difference between the two? Nearest dealership with one in stock to view is about 3hrs round trip so interested in opinions.

Key thing is that there isn't any cost to me personally (except BIK), the Enyaq is owned outright by the company so no finance costs etc.

Monman

Post by Monman »

Had my 80X for two months after almost giving up hope of ever getting it after 21 month wait. I am generally pleased with what is my first EV and first Skoda.
Off road ability is adequate for getting to my home over a pretty rough unmade track. but I think it may struggle over anything more extreme. But again its not made to be a off roader. I will leave this to my trusty Wrangler.
With foresight I would of picked the pack that included auto boot opening and closing. only being able to open it manually at the boot and closing it with the poorly designed and flimsy rubber strap is not good.
I would of also liked to ability to control more of the heating and ventilation functions without accessing the touch screen.
That said in general I am impressed with the Enyaq. If it stands up to rigours it will be put through over the next two years. I would certainly consider another 80x.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

Monman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:22 pm Had my 80X for two months after almost giving up hope of ever getting it after 21 month wait. I am generally pleased with what is my first EV and first Skoda.
Off road ability is adequate for getting to my home over a pretty rough unmade track. but I think it may struggle over anything more extreme. But again its not made to be a off roader. I will leave this to my trusty Wrangler.
With foresight I would of picked the pack that included auto boot opening and closing. only being able to open it manually at the boot and closing it with the poorly designed and flimsy rubber strap is not good.
I would of also liked to ability to control more of the heating and ventilation functions without accessing the touch screen.
That said in general I am impressed with the Enyaq. If it stands up to rigours it will be put through over the next two years. I would certainly consider another 80x.
Thanks. Is it only the 4x4 that made you pick the 80x over the 80 Sportline or standard 80?
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Heated wind screen, Electric seat, blinds at the back and electric tailgate.

Others are all preference. These are probably essential.

I specced the car to have blinds at the rear windows but that option didn’t get to the factory due to dealership error.
Monman

Post by Monman »

Yes being 4X4 Was the No1 reason for buying the 80X it was a must have option due to where I live.
Also I wanted a good range per charge I am currently getting on average 3.5 miles Per KWH the single motor 80 would of been even better.
If I could of got away without 4/4 then yes I would of gone for a 80.
I am finding it incredibly cheap to run using a EV tariff, and solar panels also subject to planning permission I will be installing a wind Turbine which will make it almost cost free to charge.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

ricky10 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:48 pm Heated wind screen, Electric seat, blinds at the back and electric tailgate.

I specced the car to have blinds at the rear windows but that option didn’t get to the factory due to dealership error.
I've got all those on my 80, except for the electric tailgate which was an option I wish I had selected.

Also have the heat pump at the moment.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Tailgate on Enyaq is heavy AF. Normally I would say it’s not necessary but man!
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

I think part of the problem is that I keep comparing it to my wife's MachE, which is so much more comfortable and exciting to drive. If that had a larger boot I would get another one of those, but just doesn't have the boot depth I need for work.

Efficiency is higher in summer with the MachE, even with the AWD and a heavier foot, but just plummets in the winter compared to the Enyaq.
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

ricky10 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:48 pm Heated wind screen, Electric seat, blinds at the back and electric tailgate.

I’d agree with that. I’ve not had the car long enough to see how it fares in winter, but I’m sure we will get plenty of use out of the heated windscreen (and heated rear seats for the kids). I really can’t imagine going without the electric tailgate! Definitely essential in my opinion.

The only “nice to have” things I’d add to my spec in hindsight (and if money was no object) would be Adaptive Cruise Control and the Area View cameras.

ACC would become much more essential if I did a lot of motorway driving. The standard cruise is fine but not as convenient- I probably will only use it rarely.

With Area View, I think I was spoilt a bit having it in my previous car (VW Tiguan) where it just made it so easy to park and check you’re in the lines of the space or away from some obstacle or whatever.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

ComicGeek wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:15 pm I think part of the problem is that I keep comparing it to my wife's MachE, which is so much more comfortable and exciting to drive. If that had a larger boot I would get another one of those, but just doesn't have the boot depth I need for work.

Efficiency is higher in summer with the MachE, even with the AWD and a heavier foot, but just plummets in the winter compared to the Enyaq.
Interesting. Most of the review of Mach E seems to point to inefficient drive train (that swinish Thai dude who does 1000km challenges) and really poor chassis and ride comfort.

Two points which I consider to be absolutely top of the list for EV.

I totally understand why people bought Mach E when it was released. There is not really any other choices other than highly expensive Tesla or I-pace

I have not test driven Mach E, but drove the ID3 and 4, Ioniq 5 and EV6. Before settling for Enyaq. I found Ioniq 5 extremely comfortable and definitely a good cruiser and city pot hole buffer however the steering was vague and loose. EV6 was set up stiffener and you feel every bump and the steering was sharp and responsive. The IDs were just meh nothing wrong with them and nothing to get excited about. The Enyaq was similar to IDs but a bit more zip to it. That’s drivability side of things.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post