Change to a 80x Sportline Plus now
4%
Wait until next year to see new models
75%

Total votes: 28

ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

ricky10 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:51 pm
ComicGeek wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:15 pm I think part of the problem is that I keep comparing it to my wife's MachE, which is so much more comfortable and exciting to drive. If that had a larger boot I would get another one of those, but just doesn't have the boot depth I need for work.

Efficiency is higher in summer with the MachE, even with the AWD and a heavier foot, but just plummets in the winter compared to the Enyaq.
Interesting. Most of the review of Mach E seems to point to inefficient drive train (that swinish Thai dude who does 1000km challenges) and really poor chassis and ride comfort.

Two points which I consider to be absolutely top of the list for EV.

I totally understand why people bought Mach E when it was released. There is not really any other choices other than highly expensive Tesla or I-pace

I have not test driven Mach E, but drove the ID3 and 4, Ioniq 5 and EV6. Before settling for Enyaq. I found Ioniq 5 extremely comfortable and definitely a good cruiser and city pot hole buffer however the steering was vague and loose. EV6 was set up stiffener and you feel every bump and the steering was sharp and responsive. The IDs were just meh nothing wrong with them and nothing to get excited about. The Enyaq was similar to IDs but a bit more zip to it. That’s drivability side of things.
We've got the extended range AWD version, but I was still getting 5.1 m/kWh while out today. One thing that makes a huge difference is that it's so aerodynamic - I can just coast without losing much speed. Same journey yesterday in my Enyaq 80 was 4.2 m/kWh.

Handling is superb, steering really crisp and it can take any corner that you throw it at - always really planted, no roll at all around corners.

I would buy a second one in a heartbeat if it had a bigger boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post