Had a brand new Skoda Enyaq a week, help with scheduled charging please-

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mralanb

Post by Mralanb »

I have an app for my home charger and app for the skoda.
I have tried scheduling a charge from the charger app which works for a few minutes then says paused. Therefore I now have it on 24/7 and tried the scheduling on the skoda itself and the app from 11.30 at night as have the octopus energy tarriff. I check at 11.45 and hasn't tried charging. To get it to charge I have to set an alarm for 1130 pm and select charge on the skoda app to get it charging.
Any ideas how to can make this automatic?

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated »

I guess it depends on what home charger you have. We have a Podpoint, which can be scheduled on the app. Sometimes it doesn't work, though, and has to be reset by switching off and on at the mains.
Mralanb

Post by Mralanb »

Tried doing that but still playing up. Guess I need to try different chargers.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I've had an Enyaq for 1 year, and I've never yet tried scheduled charging controlled by the car itself.
Then again, I have a strong distrust/dislike of a lot of the Skoda software. All other aspects of the car are really most enjoyable but, oh dear, the software. But, then again, that's maybe just me.

My charging at home has been based on removing all traces of scheduling or location from the car and managing everything through my charger's app.
I've got a Project EV charger. Rarely mentioned on this forum compared to Podpoint, Zappi and Ohme but it's worked well for me.
I've only tried once to get the car, the charger and Intelligent Octopus to co-operate, and I (or they) failed. I may go back and spend more time coaxing them to play together but it's not high priority for me at present.
I'm on Octopus Go, with the 0030 to 0430 off-peak rate. I set the Project EV app to kick-off at 0030 and run for 4 hours and it does it every time.

Obviously different combinations of chargers and tariffs, and configurations within these and the car, will affect how well things operate.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Hi Mralanb, you don’t say which Octopus tariff you are on but if you want to charge at 11:30 to take advantage of the cheap night tariff, I assume it is Octopus Intelligent? To get IO to work you need to turn off all schedules on the car and home charger and control through the IO app. After plugging there is a short test charge whilst IO works out when to charge your vehicle which depends on your SOC and time you want the car ready by. I rarely find charging starts at 11:30, usually later but generally IO is good at delivering the required charge by the time requested eg. 80% by 08:30. If you don’t have IO then the general consensus is to use the charger app rather than the car one to set charging schedules. I have a Sync EV and use this method to charge my second EV.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I use in car scheduling and octopus go and it works fine, apart from making sure the cars on charge at preferred time.
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

MarkB wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 am I use in car scheduling and octopus go and it works fine, apart from making sure the cars on charge at preferred time.
Octopus go is not “intelligent” in either sense and scheduling is appropriate for this, but if you are on the Intelligent tariff you must not use in car schedules or charger schedules. As above let the Octopus app schedule it.

When you plug in it starts charging at peak rate. Immediately go into car and on the charging menu screen select pause charging which appears on the left side in the middle.
This stops the charging but Octopus Intelligent knows it is plugged in, sets a schedule and happily turns the charging back on as needed. Last night you would have started at around 8pm with extra off peak slots added before 11:30. If you use any other scheduling from car or charger it ignores the OI schedule and just starts at 11:30 and runs until completed or the end time. Sometimes this is not enough to finish charging car, and even if Octopus gives you extra slots you will not benefit from them to complete the charging.

It has only gone wrong for me once in 4 months when the Skoda Server went down and charging did not occur overnight before a long trip next day. Not Octopus fault as they tell car via the server when to start and pause charging. ( Had to do a big charge for several hours at peak rate!)
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Octopus go is not “intelligent” in either sense
Sorry, I don't understand. What are the two senses?
when the Skoda Server went down
Haha - of course it did. Amazed you only found a hiccup once in 4 months.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post