Initial ACC speed setting

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Badger

Post by Badger »

If I am travelling at 65mph on a motorway and wish to activate the ACC using the lever, the initial ACC speed setting increases the vehicle’s speed to 70mph. How can I activate the ACC to the speed I am travelling at the time?

Also, if I am travelling at 60mph using the ACC and enter road works, the ACC reduces the speed appropriately ( :D ). When I exit the road works, the ACC speed increases to 70mph and not the 60mph that I was travelling at prior to the road works ( :roll: ). Is there any thing I can do to resolve this issue?

Both are minor, but both are really irritating as this happens so regularly when using ACC. I appreciate drivers have to remain in charge of their vehicles, but surely these can be resolved by Skoda via a software tweak.

RichR

Post by RichR »

One way would be to turn off speed limit sign recognition under Driver Assistance. That way it won't have any idea what speed to set to, so just set to the speed you determine.

Alternatively, just tap the cruise control stick up or down to change the speed - one tap is 5mph. That's what I do - basically take the automated system as a guide, and manually tweak it if I want a different speed.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hi RichR,

Tapping down on the lever is what I do, but I shouldn't have to tweak every time.

It is the same irritation with the driving mode not remaining on the last used mode.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Press the button on the very end of the lever and it will set the cruise control to your current speed.

Also if you have paused control by applying the brakes, pressing this button applies the current speed rather than the previous speed.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

You are not using it correctly.
If off pull stalk towards you and it sets to current speed.
If set to a speed but not active, and you need to set to a different speed, press button on end.

When engaged pull stalk towards you and release increases by 1 mph.
Press button on end decreases by 1 mph.
Lift stalk up increases by 5 mph.
Press stalk down decreases by 5 mph

Whilst unengaged you can change the set speed by 5 mph increments in quick succession if say changing from 60 to 30 or vice versa before engaging again.
Top control changed distance from vehicle in front.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Ken3966 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:57 pm
Lift stalk up increases by 5 mph.
Press stalk down decreases by 5 mph
Absolute nit-picking here, but that up and down movement moves the speed set-point to the next nearest multiple of five, not by five on every occasion.

If you currently have it set to, say 62mph, and push up, it will not increase by 5mph to 67mph.
Equally, pushing down will not drop it to 57mph.
These actions will move it to 65mph and 60mph respectively.
Sometimes (oh, all right, usually! :oops: ) the next nearest multiple of five is five units away, so the next up or down push would take you to 70mph and 55mph respectively.

I think you're right about the ±1mph. The next nearest multiple of 1 is always 1 away.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Badger wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:27 am If I am travelling at 65mph on a motorway and wish to activate the ACC using the lever, the initial ACC speed setting increases the vehicle’s speed to 70mph. How can I activate the ACC to the speed I am travelling at the time?
Also, if I am travelling at 60mph using the ACC and enter road works, the ACC reduces the speed appropriately ( :D ). When I exit the road works, the ACC speed increases to 70mph and not the 60mph that I was travelling at prior to the road works ( :roll: ). Is there any thing I can do to resolve this issue?
Both are minor...

1. Just press the button on the end of the stalk - sets the ACC to the current speed.
2. It isn't a minor issue - it is plain dangerous. I want sign recognition on to ensure that the car slows to the correct speed as I hit a speed limit. I don't want the ACC speeding me up to a speed I'm not happy with. Touching the speed up or down isn't acceptable as there can be unintended consequences:
Coming down the M6 last week (Brum, non-toll section) I found the car displaying "50mph detected" yet there were no 50 signs (in several places) - I presume this relates to previous roadworks. As I notice the slowing down, I tap the speed upwards, just as the car now seems to accept the correct limit of 60mph, so my tapping up sets it to 70mph, in a 60 limit. From that point it will go back to 70mph every time it sees a 60 reminder. This is really dangerous design as I'm now perplexed about what the actual speed should be and need to examine the various displays (What speed am i doing? What does the car think the speed limit is? What does Waze think the speed limit is? Why the hell am I now doing 70 when everyone agrees it is a 60 limit?).

Let me have a choice of whether I want it to respond to lower speeds or higher speeds, and don't link the two functions together.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

orrery wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:25 pm
Let me have a choice of whether I want it to respond to lower speeds or higher speeds, and don't link the two functions together.
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.
When I found, in the early days of ownership, that the car was taking its own action regarding speeding up or slowing down at speed limit changes under ACC, I couldn't think why this would be a design feature. What on earth would possess a software engineer to encode this kind of behaviour? There had to be some way of disabling it.

It was only much later that I discovered the very badly translated option in the Infotainment options - "Speed limit preview ........... ON/OFF"
I had selected ON for a preview. I wanted to know in advance what speed limit changes there would be.
By no stretch of the English language would I interpret "preview" to mean "commit the vehicle to taking some entirely autonomous action regardless of the driver's intention or purpose"
Once I'd worked out that 'preview' does not mean anything like 'preview', I switched it off and have lived without the 'benefit' ever since.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Many thanks all. Information very useful.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post