Frustrating trying to connect my phone!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HarptreeNick

Post by HarptreeNick »

I have just bought a new Enyaq and everything seems to be working well. However I cannot get my Pixel mobile phone to work - it registered on bluetooth fine (and shows up as Pixel on the Infotainment screen), so that's ok so far. BUT, I cannot access any of my phone contacts. It just says "No contacts with "Telephone numbers" found. Your mobile device may require confirmation.

I have checked my phone and everything seems ok there and I can't find anything to suggest that the transfer of contacts is blocked.

So....I thought I'd try to remove the phone from the Enyaq's system and retry but I can't remove it!! When highlighted the bin doesn't appear as it should according to the manual.

I am totally stuck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Have you checked the permissions in the Bluetooth settings?

Screenshot_20230719-195539~2.png

Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Bandit_o

Post by Bandit_o »

Hi. Any response or update to this ? I'm.having the exact same issue with my Octavia VRS and pixel 7a
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Initially I had the same problem connecting to the Enyaq. The problem turned out to be because the default permissions when making a new bluetooth connection between the phone and a car have contacts and call history sharing turned off. Once this was turned on I have had no problems seeing and using the contacts through the infotainment system

If the car is in the Connected Devices list under settings then this permission can be turned on even if the connection is not active by selecting its cog from the saved devices list.

Connected devices.png

Individual permissions can be turned on and off individually for the car device

Device.png

iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post