400 miles

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

More evidence that that 400 should be achievable. I have recently picked up some friends in Hammersmith to take them to Stansted. At over 200 miles in a day this the longest journey since receiving the car. Conditions were A/C off, ACC used where possible set to speed limit or 62 indicated (60 GPS) if lower. Traffic conditions from Hammersmith to the M25 and from the M25 to Hammersmith were very congested but otherwise the conditions were fair to good. An estimate of range based on distance travelled and percentage charge used was 400 or more all the way until returning home from Hammersmith when the temperature had dropped below 20. I now believe that the heater was operating since the temperature was set to 22.5.

Stansted data.jpg

This shoul give a lot of flexibility in recharging when travelling to Northern Ireland via Cairnryan next month.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

TiMoth wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:11 pm 400 miles is absolutely doable.

The biggest hits to range are speed... so 56/62mph is good, anything higher is a pain as is varying the speed, and having the aircon on. We turned that off completely and cracked the windows about half an inch each. At 56mph that isn't an issue for noise or efficiency.
I used to get a warning flash up on my Tiguan if the windows were cracked open saying this will affect aerodynamic efficiency! Don’t get that on the Enyaq where aerodynamics play a bigger part, although the app does warn me if windows are slightly open when vehicle is locked!
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic
No2Oil

Post by No2Oil »

unnamed.jpg

OK, OK...I'd just started driving (only 2 miles, as you can see), had the aircon off (perfect temps, also evident in the picture), had been driving like Grandpa, and had been going downhill for about half a mile... but it does show what's possible.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Most summer journeys, we comfortably exceed WLPT giving a total 100-0 range of 350+, most winter journeys are under WLPT. After 1 year of ownership, the average consumption is less than WLPT, but I'm completely satisfied with range and feel Skoda got it right. From what I read about the enyaq and other EVs before purchasing, the range has exceeded our expectations.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

150trip done yesterday with the trip meter estimate

IMG_3257.jpeg

Eyeofthetiger

Post by Eyeofthetiger »

My 100-0 % range is approx 300 miles+. May get 320 miles
Skoda enyaq 80 loft
Heat pump
Convenience pack plus
Family pack
Assisted drive pack
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

I’m impressed at people’s tolerance for hyper miling. I just drive the thing. I’ve seen an estimate of over 300 miles only rarely on a Sportline. Think my lowest was last week with 81% and a range of 138 miles remaining but that was after blasting across France on the speed limit on the autoroute with 2 bikes on the roof.

Not even gonna try turning the AC off - I didn’t pay all this money to suffer in the heat 😉
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

If I am doing a trip of less than 200m I just drive and vRS consumption on a longer trip anywhere between 2.7 on a cold day with heated seats on at times to 3.4 on a mild one without much a/c use. At 80% charge it normally shows 210 to 220 range.
Every month or so a longer trip to go and stay with daughter and have to charge to get back, but can take a granny charger with us in warmer weather to plug in through one of her slightly open windows. (Will have to go to nearby Tesla charger in colder weather) I charge to 100% before leaving. Indicated range was 275. Used 51% to reach her house 155 miles away in July on a warm day, eco mode, max speed 65 or at speed limit. That would be a range of about 310 miles. 3.9 indicated on usage.

Long term average over nearly 4K so far is 3.5, and largely charged at 7.5p a kW seems fine to me.
That’s a worst so far of 2.8p a mile and best of 1.9p charged at home.
Charged away I have only used two different Tesla sites and a free National Trust one so far. Tesla cost at 54p works out at about 15p a mile or as much as previous diesel cost.

I can’t see how this is going to work out in UK. We will all charge at home for most of time, only using fast chargers for longer trips to get back home. Eg 350 mile trip so about 80 miles from a fast charger to safely get home?
Only real users of these chargers are company car users on expenses, and longer holiday trips perhaps? Hence most sit there unused? New Costa coffee nearby built with about 10 charging points, only seen a couple of charging cars there since. New BP charging site nearby almost always unused?

No-one should consider one of these cars unless that can charge at home?
Conversely walked through a new housing development yesterday. All of later phase have chargers on drive, or chargers on posts for car parking area for apartments. Maybe 100 or so properties and might have been 2 or 3 electric cars!
Presumably the car parking areas have assigned spots but not sure how to ensure charging a car ends up on the correct bill? The charging posts surely are not individually attached to different apartment meters?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post