One week with the iv80 - thoughts and questions!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

VW and Skoda to my experience all put on parking light on one side or other if indicator switch engaged when car locked. Done this for many years.

The powered boot can be adjusted to how high it opens to suit a short person or say kept in garage or car port where it can’t open fully. Easy to do but I can’t recall what I did now! Should be in the manual.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Ken3966 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:48 am The powered boot can be adjusted to how high it opens to suit a short person or say kept in garage or car port where it can’t open fully. Easy to do but I can’t recall what I did now! Should be in the manual.
Ah, that might be useful. Now to search the documentation. What would be perfect would be if it were part of the current profile of the key fob. One tall driver, one short driver. The seat moves so why wouldn't this be linked? Oh wait, it's Skoda. It will be for the same reason the position of the Head Up Display doesn't move with the profile. Grrr!!!!

[UPDATE - 3 hours later. Thank you, Ken. Excellent idea. Searched manual for 'tailgate' and the very simple instructions were in there, as you suggested. Maximum height now reduced. ]
livingforever

Post by livingforever »

Still really enjoying the car - especially now I’ve discovered the joys of using ACC/ Traffic Jam Assist past Heathrow on the M25 every morning!

Have to say it took me a while to get used to trusting the car to brake in time when cars in front stop suddenly - and in fact one time it didn’t brake hard enough and then beeped and screamed at me to press the brake, I was thinking “isn’t that your job, mate?” :D

Anyway other than that, all good.

Do I gather that my Ohme charger isn’t compatible with Skoda’s API yet and that’s why I can’t ask it to charge TO a certain percentage but only add a certain percentage? Or am I doing something wrong?
Monman

Post by Monman »

Now had my 80x Sportline for three weeks now after 21 month wait.

Issues I initially had were

Figuring out why the boot did not open using key fob and the lack of a boot opening lever in car.

Finally I figured out the key fob only unlocks but does not open the boot and yes the rubber pull strap for boot shutting is a poor solution.

Not really happy with this but I guess it was not on any options I picked at time of order 21months ago.

Found through that I did get some options not picked at the time at no extra cost IE. 20" wheels, rear heated seats and crystal grille, So I guess its swings and roundabouts.

On arriving home first time the parking sensors would not work this took some time to figure out. Even the dealer when phoned was scratching his head over why they did not work! Cut to the chase they were not turned on and could initially not be located on the touchscreen.

Finally it was sorted by manually turning on the camera using the switch on the dash. This brought them up on the touchscreen where I was able to turn them on.

Apart from the above its been a good experience so far I am averaging 3.6 miles per KWH which I am happy with for a 4WD vehicle.

I have solar panels and may invest in a small wind turbine ( As wind is something we have a lot of ) to give almost free charging.

Build quality is better than another 4WD I tried out prior to this purchase.

I Find it very sure footed on the steep, twisty & at times slippy track to where I live. although I will probably invest in a set of winter or all season tyres before the winter comes.

Up till now I have always had series land rovers, Defenders, or Wranglers but now older and retired. So do not have to go out in all weathers I am appreciating a more comfort in a vehicle.

All in all I very pleased with what is my first Skoda.

Touchscreen now am am getting use to it is fine and
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

Monman wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:54 pm
Found through that I did get some options not picked at the time at no extra cost IE. 20" wheels,
Sportline's have 20" wheels as standard :-)

I waited 18months for mine, the 80x became available to order about month after I placed my order... if it had been available I would have ordered that model but suspect I would have matched your 21 months if I had!!
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post