Infotainment Online: Pending (after ME3.x upgrade)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ledneb

Post by ledneb »

Well, I picked up from the dealer and apparently they messaged Skoda Connect who said I just have to wait for an update, then the infotainment pending issue should go awsy. No indication of when the update will be available though! I'm on 3.0 (0333) software.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Interesting - if that works then I’ll try messaging them too. My local dealer is still waiting for a reply from Skoda UK.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Latest response I've had from Skoda customer service by email is -

Furthermore, our internal team has advised the following information.
The ME 3.2.1 is done purely over the air on vehicles equipped with ME 3.0 and not by retailer.
The application version in the infotainment system should 0.2.700 or higher when updated to ME 3.2.1
We cannot give timeframe of OTA updates they are released in batches.
The customer has to ensure they have a Skoda connect account.
I hope the information proves useful.

They had also contacted my dealer who responded with -
I have looked into this and there are no up updates outstanding on this vehicle. There was an over the air update which has been completed so this may have taken software to 3.2. We cant update systems if nothing outstanding.

I'm completely lost now. My Infotainment system still says 0333 which I believed indicated ME3.0. The dealer says the software "may" have been updated OTA.
Skoda refer to an "application version" number. I've already written back asking them where I find this. Can't see it in the usual Settings > System Information list.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As I understand it, cars with ME2.x are subject to a mandatory update to whatever the latest version is at the time they're taken to the dealership. So some people got 3.0, some 3.1, and some 3.2. Once they update has been done, the car then has no outstanding updates, because there's not enough difference between 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 to merit it I guess.

There are no OTA updates between 3.0 to 3.1 or 3.1 to 3.2 on Skodas (not necessarily the case on VW or Cupra). But there are OTA updates within a version, so 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 etc., as these are mainly bug fixes and don't change functionality.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've gleaned from forums and YouTube videos. I'm sure there's no technical reason why a dealership couldn't put 3.2 on a 3.0 car, but maybe some don't know how to ask Skoda to enable it. Remember that Skoda dealerships are just franchised independent companies, with some level of training from Skoda. They vary a lot, and some (particularly those that sell other brands such as SEAT or VW) may not necessarily know much more than the procedures they need to carry out when the computer tells them to do them. Others are perhaps more passionate about the brand and customer service, so may put in a bit more effort to do things that are less commonly requested.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I just find it a bit strange that Skoda advertise all the features, advantages and benefits of ME3.2
https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/enyaq-iv-software-update
but don't provide any obvious means by which a customer can establish what version they currently have, how to get an upgrade if available, and what timescale will be involved.

The only place I've ever seen references to ME version numbers and the mysterious codes shown in the infotainment Settings > System Information screen is in this forum. No-one from Skoda or a dealer has volunteered that info or responded yet to direct questions on the topic.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I guess some of it might be that they're wanting people who bought an Enyaq in 2019 or 2020 to buy a new one, with all the new features. VW and Cupra haven't been much different with their MEB based cars to be fair. Audi use their own variant of the software so doesn't quite match up with the ME numbers that the other VAG brands use (although it's probably about 90% the same other than the infotainment and driver information bits).
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

to buy a new one, with all the new features
You may very well be right.
But really, in the world of software, I'd expect a supplier to either provide free upgrades for a period of time, or issue new releases with extra features clearly marked as "new purchase required" (and commonly denoted by a major release number, not a minor revision suffix), or even offer a reduced price upgrade for existing owners.
Skoda don't seem to have entered in to this kind of thinking at all. I've genuinely no idea how long my current software will be considered 'current' (today? for ever?). Even when I see the full range of features for their self-described ME3.2 "software update" they don't tell me how much I'll have to pay for it. Their dealer says instead "it can't be done", and Skoda tell me "you might get it, but we don't know when. Or if. "

Maybe if they just didn't do any software updates this wouldn't be an issue. But they started it ... !
RichR

Post by RichR »

Software updates are free, because they're either OTA or mandatory recalls. I think ME3.x is considered current - whether you have 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 or 3.5 (the current version being shipped on new cars) doesn't really matter as there are no major changes relating to operation or safety. Skoda have hinted that the facelift models next year will come with ME4.0, and some of the features should be backported to the ME3.x series. Potentially ME4.0 will require a different main computer module that isn't present on 2019-2023 models so can't be installed there.

As it is, there are features in ME3.x that I can't use because my car is missing the hardware required (eg self parking, auto overtake) because it wasn't fitted in 2021. However the car does everything it says it would at the time I ordered it, and I don't recall ever reading anywhere that I was to expect new features to be added. Yes, I have gained new features going from ME2.x to ME3.x, but I held off for months past when Skoda contacted me because I didn't really need any of them. And as it is, I've lost a feature (map updates) due to a bug in the upgrade process...

I'm still really happy with my car though :)
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

Hello,
First post but I have been following the forum since last year.
I got an OTA upgrade this morning on a Skoda Enyaq 80 manufactured in May 2023 and delivered in June. First OTA upgrade ever. Very quick installation.

"Applications update

-Added new functions
-Minor improvement of texts
-Fixes for minor bugs and errors

Information about software
- Introducing fixes for little graphical glitches
- Added support for upcoming new features
-Update of texts and descriptions

Functions on Demand
- Minor improvements
- Errors fixed

Background System Services
- Improved webapp stability
- Added support for upcoming new features
- Update of texts and descriptions"

Plenty of typos in the system screens, which is telling.

"System Information" in unchanged and software is still "1701".
The "Information about software", previously not working, is now showing details: "3.5".
I haven't used the car since then and had no time to check the functionalities, but every other problem I could check very quickly it is still unchanged, and there is one new.
Examples of issues:
a) Car - I still have Connect Services in pending status in shop.
b) Car - the Service Scheduling app, which got an update after the main system update, is now in a permanent "Loading" status. It wasn't like that, prior to the update.
c) System seems slower
c) Mobile app - no changes for the main user. I mean, the app hasn't been updated but the Connect Services are in pending status in the app as well.
d) Web App, Skoda connect - no changes for the main user, Connect Services are in pending status.

Regarding the additional user: it has never worked properly before and it's still not working. The registered additional user's logged into the car, but no improvements to preposterous UX and limited functionalities, including Powerpass app not working . Car non available in the mobile app, in My Garage. Car visible in the web app, in My Garage, but in "Your vehicle is not activated" status.

Frustrating and annoying. I'd say that the car has a great potential but that's a perception you can live with one month after product launch. It's August 2023 and I have basically a car with the obsolescence of a cheap mobile, no HW upgrade plan available, embarassing connected services and no resolution expected in the short term. And I have already visited the dealership 3 times...
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

And another one this morning, surprisingly:
"[...] Note: this is not SW update of the vehicle contol units and therefore car SW version is not increased.
[...]
This upddate contains:
Data upload
Minor Improvements
Errors fixed"

Needless to say, services still pending, all the issues I'm aware of are still there, so even the most recent OTA fixes applied on V3.5 don't fix the pending status in the Infotainment...
Dav00 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:13 pm Hello,
First post but I have been following the forum since last year.
I got an OTA upgrade this morning on a Skoda Enyaq 80 manufactured in May 2023 and delivered in June. First OTA upgrade ever. Very quick installation.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post