Skoda PowerPass and charging costs

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I bet once you value in the tax savings of an electric company car against an equivalent sized ice car you will still be much better off.
Presumably your company reimburses you anyway for miles driven for work at an appropriate rate related to what these chargers cost?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

RallimG

Post by RallimG »

Ken3966 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:03 pm Presumably your company reimburses you anyway for miles driven for work at an appropriate rate related to what these chargers cost?
:roll: you would think - but for mileage claims the Government advisory rate is a flat rate of 9p per mile for employer supplied electric vehicles... and that's what my company car rules state. But I'm not going to whinge as its easily offset by free charging at work - subject to charger availability!! ;-)
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

RallimG wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:12 am [quote=Ken3966 post_id=21465 time=<a href="tel:1688159004">1688159004</a> user_id=1869]
Presumably your company reimburses you anyway for miles driven for work at an appropriate rate related to what these chargers cost?
:roll: you would think - but for mileage claims the Government advisory rate is a flat rate of 9p per mile for employer supplied electric vehicles... and that's what my company car rules state. But I'm not going to whinge as its easily offset by free charging at work - subject to charger availability!! ;-)
[/quote]

The government guidance also goes on to state that the company can change the rate provided if it can be evidenced that this is the actual cost, ie receipts from higher cost chargers.

But then they might stop free charging at work.
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

Sadly even though my company has fully electric or plug in hybrid for salary cars, they have made no provision for charging at work which is a shame. I get a car allowance though so once the lease on the Enyaq is finished I might look into using it to just buy a petrol or diesel car again. I love the Enyaq but at 66 pence per kilowatt hour I dont think I will be getting another electric car unless public charging costs come down.
newby Ian

Post by newby Ian »

just got a shock to be charged 79.5p a Kwh for a fast charge in lutterworth but the Osprey charger was effective and quick. Their helpline was also excellent compared to the one in Morrisons which can only handle one car at a time DAMHIKT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post