Intelligent Octopus and Ohme Home Pro

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

My understanding of this is that you should not be using any Ohme apps, I don’t.
Octopus controls all the charging; it detects the car has been plugged in and sets a schedule, starting and stopping the schedule as required directly by interacting with the car.

I disliked the car charging for some time at full rate before Octopus noticed and paused the charge until the schedule starts, often a kWh or more, so I had been using a preferred time schedule set under location which stopped the charge immediately until 23:30.

I now realise that this overrides the schedule and the car starts charging at 23:30 and continues to the % required and you get a message that Octopus couldn’t control the car. It apparently had to do this at least once a month to stay on the tariff.

Last night I had the car on charge now, plugged it in with charging screen already up in car, and then pressed “stop charge” button on screen. Charge then went to “paused”.
The car then waited and charged as per the schedule set by Octopus.

I will be doing this from now on, no charging in peak and comply with Octopus requirements to keep tariff.

Only risk is that Skoda server goes offline I guess. If Octopus can’t contact car it won’t charge; this did happen to me one night.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

Dad

Post by Dad »

Success! No issues with last nights charge and everything worked as expected. The instructions to follow depend on whether you are setting up IO to your car or to the Ohme charger.

Mine is set up to the Ohme charger and my car is on firmware 2 something:

I have no location charge schedules on the car.
I have one schedule set up in the Ohme app that requests 50% charge (30kw basically) and complete by 05:30.
The IO tariff is visible on the Octopus app and the Ohme app.
I am not logged in to my Skoda account in the Ohme app (not required).

Biggest lesson learnt.. set up the settings BEFORE plugging your car in to the Ohme charger. In my case this meant removing location schedules from the car, removing schedules from the Ohme app (and replacing with one single active schedule to complete charging by 05:30).

Then plug the car in! It’s at that point that IO takes over and plans your smart charge.

Also with the set up I’ve have done above I don’t find the car automatically starts charging when I plug it in anymore. I don’t need to manually stop the charge now.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
FreelanceSage

Post by FreelanceSage »

I've had my enyaq 85x for just over a week now and am getting a strange issue with home charging. I have the ohme home pro and intelligent octopus go tariff. No schedules are set in the car, just the ohme schedule in its app to charge to 80% by 8am.

When I plug in the car, the charge port light flashes white for a minute but turns red. Inside the car it says unable to connect. The ohme charger shows it is connected and delayed charging.

The only way I can get the car to recognise the charger is to turn on max charge whilst the light is flashing white. Then I turn off max charge and it then is all managed by ohme, although I have to reset the departure time and charge %.

Is anyone else having this issue? Us it maybe a bug in software version 4? I'm currently waiting for ohme support to get back to me but they take a while. The charger knows the car stats so the api must be working.
Drericho7

Post by Drericho7 »

@FreelanceSage - I have the exact same issue.

At the moment I have only been able to charge on max… getting it to the point where I can max charge is difficult though. I have the same issue with it flashing white then solid red.

The ohme wall box does not want to update the current car charge although the app knows what the charge is. And the ohme wall box just shows ‘error’ in the top right.

Nothing configured other than 1 schedule in the ohme app.

See pics attached. It is driving me insane now. Had the car since Thursday 🤦🏼‍♂️

IMG_1925.jpeg

IMG_1928.jpeg

IMG_1929.png

IMG_1930.png

FreelanceSage

Post by FreelanceSage »

Drericho7 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:32 am @FreelanceSage - I have the exact same issue.

At the moment I have only been able to charge on max… getting it to the point where I can max charge is difficult though. I have the same issue with it flashing white then solid red.

The ohme wall box does not want to update the current car charge although the app knows what the charge is. And the ohme wall box just shows ‘error’ in the top right.

Nothing configured other than 1 schedule in the ohme app.

See pics attached. It is driving me insane now. Had the car since Thursday 🤦🏼‍♂️
Hmm I haven't heard back from ohme still but I haven't had red lights on the home pro either. Have you set your schedule in the ohme app? Noticed one screen shot says plugged in but usually it says smart charging for me even if the car light went red and was not actually charging.

My last 2 charges have actually worked as planned without me having to max charge for a minute, so either something has clicked, or it's an intermittent fault.

There is a live issue with intelligent octopus and skoda not sharing data but I'd have thought that's an issue when connecting IO to the car instead of the charger. I've just got IO connected to Ohme
FreelanceSage

Post by FreelanceSage »

Sorry just saw you said there is a schedule in the ohme app. I'd try turning the power to ohme off and back on. Then raise a ticket to ohme
FreelanceSage

Post by FreelanceSage »

So today's charge I had to do the max charge then go back go schedule to avoid the red light on the car. So hit and miss its just odd
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

FreelanceSage wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:28 am I've had my enyaq 85x for just over a week now and am getting a strange issue with home charging. I have the ohme home pro and intelligent octopus go tariff. No schedules are set in the car, just the ohme schedule in its app to charge to 80% by 8am.

When I plug in the car, the charge port light flashes white for a minute but turns red. Inside the car it says unable to connect. The ohme charger shows it is connected and delayed charging.

The only way I can get the car to recognise the charger is to turn on max charge whilst the light is flashing white. Then I turn off max charge and it then is all managed by ohme, although I have to reset the departure time and charge %.

Is anyone else having this issue? Us it maybe a bug in software version 4? I'm currently waiting for ohme support to get back to me but they take a while. The charger knows the car stats so the api must be working.
Mine does this (80) - I just ignore it now, as I think its due to the charger holding back on charging and the car not getting any charge like it expects. As soon as the delay timer on the charger clears and starts charging the car, it does its thing and I then get the slots allocated and then Octopus stops the charge.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

My 85X new in March this year does the same. I'm on IO with an Ohme home pro. Car has NO charging schedules. Just the max charge level found in the cars charging menu ie 80% or 100% on occasion. I just set a required charge percentage in the Ohme app usually about 5% more than the car will take, just to be certain the car does get it's cut off level, (I probably don't need to, but that's just over causious me NEVER trusting AI) then plug the car in. Ohme send me an expected list of charge slots and the flashing white light changes to red, and then goes out altogether. I do NOTHING else. I do suffer insomnia and often check my smart meter display, the charge slots do often change without warning, and the charge rate changes dramatically, BUT, the car has so far always charged properly either to the 80% or 100% as set in the car. My advice, ignore the car lights, unless it goes red as soon as you plug in! Trust your charger to do it's job, mine, so far always has. No messing about with starting it manually, the first time it happened to me I was worried, and plugged it in several times, tried rebooting the charger, changing the schedules, turning round 3 times whilst holding a glass of whisky to my lips and singing sea shanties, all to no avail. Just plug it in and trust the charger. Check your home display unit, or your smart meter, or even cctv if you have one that can see your charging port, or charger if you are really worried, those don't lie to you like some politicians 😉.
85X, Race Blue, ordered oct 23 delivered 12th March 24. Transport pack, 3rd party towbar. IO, Ohme. :roll: 1st EV. :oops: My electronics are possessed :twisted:
kdwolf

Post by kdwolf »

Apologies for a silly question - do Octopus offer dual tariff, please? I can't see anything on their website prior signing in.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post