'Unable to turn on charging'

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

On top of lots of little electrical gremlins, my 80 has decided today to stop charging completely. I've tried our wallbox at home, a granny charger and another wallbox at work and can't get it to connect at all - all work with our other EV so definitely not an issue with the chargers/leads, can only be the car.

Whatever I connect into the Enyaq just flashes white, white, then red by the charging port. The car shows the plug symbol on the dash and is showing as plugged in on the infotainment screen - but on the app it just shows as 'charging status unavailable'. I've tried on both the old and new apps and it's the same on both. On the new app it shows the charging cable on the app graphic so I'm assuming that the physical cable connection is fine. The wallbox is just set up as plug and charge at the moment, no time schedules on either the EV or wallbox, and the other EV works perfectly.

There are times when the app shows the option to start charging - when I click on this it says 'Unable to turn on charging. Check electrical power supply. If this issue persists, contact the Info Call line.' I've been having problems with the app and server connection today, but surely the charging connection to the car isn't controlled by the server?

Any ideas anyone? The closest Skoda garage closed 2 months ago, so the nearest Skoda dealership that can handle EVs is some distance away.

ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

And as soon as I posted that, suddenly the app started working properly and the car has started charging!!!

It definitely wasn't the randomised delay on the charger, as it's been plugged in for about 40mins now.

It does feel like I'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong at the moment.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Forget about the app -that isn't required for anything important, it's just a nice to have thing. It's a the mercy of the speed of the network connection over 4G from the car to the internet, then over the internet to Skoda's servers, and then whatever queues and delays might exist within their systems. Quite a lot of Enyaq (and ID.x) owners won't even own a smartphone.

The question is why didn't it start charging immediately (or at least within 5-10 minutes) even though it was plugged in. And you don't have anything like Octopus Intelligent controlling the car?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

RichR wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:56 pm Forget about the app -that isn't required for anything important, it's just a nice to have thing. It's a the mercy of the speed of the network connection over 4G from the car to the internet, then over the internet to Skoda's servers, and then whatever queues and delays might exist within their systems. Quite a lot of Enyaq (and ID.x) owners won't even own a smartphone.

The question is why didn't it start charging immediately (or at least within 5-10 minutes) even though it was plugged in. And you don't have anything like Octopus Intelligent controlling the car?
No, I have Intelligent controlling the Ohme charger rather than the car directly. It wasn't even working with the dumb granny charger though, and the office wall box doesn't have any smart tariffs linked, just a simple plug and charge.

I didn't think that the app would have effect on charging, but just strange that both issues happened at the same time and then resolved at the same time.

Will just note it on my long list of issues, and raise it with Skoda if it happens again.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post