HV Battery capacity

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Villek

Post by Villek »

Hi,

Does someone have similar data readings from the OBD port indicating the "HV battery energy content" and "Maximum energy content of the traction battery" like on the pictures.

I do not have readings from brand new car, so I do not know that "HV battery energy content" would be when the BMS SOC is 100% (car is 80x iV). Then the "Maximum energy content of the traction battery" reading has been all the time I have monitored between appr. 73 000...73 450 Wh.

There should be available 77 000 Wh of energy and one module (out of 12) has 6,926kWh of energy. If measured battery energy is 68 450 Wh and BMS SOC is 96% then full battery should have 71 300Wh, so I am missing one module worth of energy.

I have at least one bad battery module (diagnosed by authorized dealer) and I have noticed that I can't get the same range as I did a year ago with brand new car and within similar weather, road conditions on the same route.

Energy2.jpg

Energy1.png

Škoda Enyaq 80X iV, Red Velvet, Loft, Towing Hitch, Light&View matrix lights (good value for the money), Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Drive Basic, ME3.0 updated

zice

Post by zice »

don't worry about those. Measurements differ even with outside temperature, or if the car was charged before or not, driven or not, recuperating or not, etc.... i had at some point Max Energy Content at 79250 in summer and 75000 in winter, so go figure...
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

"Max Energy Content" will have started around 77000. Yours is showing 73400.

so about 5% degredation, which is fairly typical. Lithium batteries tend to drop around 5% very quickly, then level off and follow a much shallower curve.

The way the battery is wired, you cant lose "a modules worth of energy". If you had a bad module, it'd pull the entire pack down. To give an example, if one module somehow only had 50% of its original capacity, then the whole pack would only have 50% usable capacity.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post