1st long drive

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

Sparky72 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:01 pm
xioxyx wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:35 pm I got the Powerpass…
Will be interesting to hear how your trips to the alps go. I’ve driven to Denmark a number of times in my previous car but don’t know if I would do such a long journey in the Enyaq.
@Sparky72 - just back from the alps - managed to do ionity the whole way down - it was pretty much perfect - plug and charge, so basically the same experience you’d expect in a Tesla in that regard. Did no prior planning, just used in-car navigation and when we got down to about 150k of range left just did a search for ionity chargers en route and picked the one nearest to the range estimate. All 100% working, minimum 6 stalls and for the majority of the time we were the only users - but even the busier ones weren’t full and we didn’t need to queue.

On the way back we managed to get a bit out of kilter with their locations - we avoided one at Reims as it was off the autoroute (but probably no more than 5 minutes) and tried TotalEnergies at the next stop instead. Listed as 6 chargers, only 2 were 100kw+ with one being busy and the other out of order so we ended up waiting the 5 minutes anyway. Next stop we tried another TotalEnergies and both the rapids were out of order. Ended up heading to the outskirts of St Quentin and using a Tesla charger. Bit of a faff to set the app up but charging was fine and we’ll be all set for next time.

So top tip would be to stick to ionity.

Driving at 130kph was serene but murders the range. It actually worked out ok though as it meant a stop every 2-2.5 hours for a toilet break/coffee/lunch/ice cream whatever and meant arriving a lot fresher than normal. Length of time to charge was a total non-issue for us and I usually stuck it to limit at 100% and then went back and stopped it as soon as we were ready to move on after we’d hit 80%

So all in, very easy except TE who I will avoid at all costs next time. Even managed to pick up some free supermarket charging while we were out there.

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

What did your cost per mile work out at relying on these chargers, I presume you have a subscription to IONITY?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

Yep - subscription to ionity for £7.95 per month. €0.35 per kWh.

Cost per mile? Dunno - like I said, consumption wasn’t great due to speed. A lot cheaper than petrol, but beyond that I’d prefer not to take all the joy out of it by crunching the pennies - I’m sure there are cheaper ways, but I was more concerned about the convenience/comfort angle and that was very impressive.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post