Car keeps putting the brakes on at low speed

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Does anyone else’s car do an emergency stop on a regular basis at low speed? Ours is starting to do it at least once a day. Reversing at slow speed onto our drive, I think some flowers might be triggering the side sensors, very irritating and potentially dangerous in terms of how violent and unpredictable it is.

Also, twice now in 3 days pulling out from behind a parked car on the side of a street, the car has decided to do an emergency stop halfway into the middle of the road.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I wonder if you’re experiencing a more extreme version of what happened to me:

viewtopic.php?p=12081
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

IanEV wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:51 pm Does anyone else’s car do an emergency stop on a regular basis at low speed? Ours is starting to do it at least once a day. Reversing at slow speed onto our drive, I think some flowers might be triggering the side sensors, very irritating and potentially dangerous in terms of how violent and unpredictable it is.

Also, twice now in 3 days pulling out from behind a parked car on the side of a street, the car has decided to do an emergency stop halfway into the middle of the road.

Mine will do it when the bushes next to the driveway get a bit big. They've been trimmed right back since the autumn, so it hasn't done it for a while.
HarryHuk wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 pm Anyone else finding the automagic emergency braking a little too eager?

Regularly I'll be reversing gently, controlling the pace with the foot brake, and the car will freak out at closing in on a fairly soft bush or shrub and slam the emergency brake on.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

If the sensors detect danger there is auto brake accompanied by a warning beep and text.

If you are slowly moving and lift butt up the seat, the car will simply shut down and toggle brakes as if parking
NDT-inspector

Post by NDT-inspector »

Have you got Auto Hold turned on?

I have this turned off for this reason, scares the monkey out of me when it brakes suddenly!
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Yep I use auto hold. I’ll try without- thank you
Velvet red, pano roof,
Podpoint home charger
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

I tried creeping out of a space when the corner of my car was much closer to the back corner of the car in front than I would dare with my old car, but with the cameras it looked ok... the car had other ideas though and did a hard sudden stop!

Auto hold wise I find it really really useful in traffic (if I'm not using ACC) but really unhelpful when slow reversing, particularly on an incline as it's very difficult (though I'm getting better) to get the car to creep up the slope without auto hold engaging, and when it does you have to accelerate to override it, which is unnerving when you are approaching the front wall of the house! Therefore it is the most used shortcut on the bottom of my screen :D
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

snalbansed wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:16 am I tried creeping out of a space when the corner of my car was much closer to the back corner of the car in front than I would dare with my old car, but with the cameras it looked ok... the car had other ideas though and did a hard sudden stop!

Auto hold wise I find it really really useful in traffic (if I'm not using ACC) but really unhelpful when slow reversing, particularly on an incline as it's very difficult (though I'm getting better) to get the car to creep up the slope without auto hold engaging, and when it does you have to accelerate to override it, which is unnerving when you are approaching the front wall of the house! Therefore it is the most used shortcut on the bottom of my screen :D

Yep, it's nothing to do with Auto-Hold. When it was happening to me, it made no difference.

As you say, Auto-hold is a pain for reversing slowly, but it is a lot gentler than the emergency brake.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

IanEV wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:40 am Yep I use auto hold. I’ll try without- thank you

Did you read this : viewtopic.php?p=12081

Mine slams on the brakes when it goes over the type of speed bump shown in that thread.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Yep I’ve seen this and had similar on speed bumps. Trying the disabling auto hold theory this week and will report back, thanks
Velvet red, pano roof,
Podpoint home charger

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post