dashboard reflection in windscreen

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Drofdor

Post by Drofdor »

whilst driving in bright sunshine you always get some reflection on windscreen. but on two occasions recently i had Zero vision it was like someone
put a grey blanket on my windscreen , with or without sunglasses no difference my front seat passenger also could not see, very worrying on both
occasions it was down country lanes in areas where sun flashes through trees, i have had numerous cars but never had anything like this just
wondered if anyone else had this problem

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Sounds horrible. I’ve never had that issue even when driving in bright sunshine and 39 degrees last week. However, I always wear Rayban polarising sun glasses which I find amazing and well worth the cash in my view - had a pair for 4 years and wished I’d bought them sooner
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Drofdor

Post by Drofdor »

on both occasions i was driving towards the sun i bought the car in February done 3000 miles, only happened twice in last 6 weeks i was wondering if the colour has anything to do with it white and extreme heat , i wear expensive sun glasses my passenger had none but we both were unable to see
iv 80x sport Line
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've not experienced this in my Enyaq either - however, I wonder if how tall you are (or how high you have the seat) may be a factor? I know with my old Mark 2 Subaru Legacys, some people on the forums some used to report dazzle from the dashboard, yet others never had the problem (and there were a lot of members in Australia, where it's often a lot sunnier than the UK). I can't remember though whether it's people who have their head near the roof, or far from the roof who suffered more though!
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Are you sure it isn't simply haze on the inside of the window screen making the reflection glare worse, it builds up more quickly on new vehicles and especially in hot weather..
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

MarkB wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:20 pm Are you sure it isn't simply haze on the inside of the window screen making the reflection glare worse, it builds up more quickly on new vehicles and especially in hot weather..
That is a good shout! I did notice the inside of my windscreen and sunroof were filthy in recent bright sunshine. The sunroof has two circle marks on it which I presume where left by the device that fitted it on the assembly line. I’ve not seen the marks since or before and I’ve not cleaned the car yet.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, I had the suction cup marks too. Takes three or four cleans before they start to fade ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

Yes, I find it particularly bad, perhaps it is the leather trim.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
Drofdor

Post by Drofdor »

thanks MarkB that could be right i will give it a good clean tomorrow and see if that helps , i am grateful for any advice because when it happens
its very worrying, i noticed when i cleaned the car today the glass had like spots i will try some auto glym fast glass i am 5 feet 9 inches and central
regards seating position .
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Fast glass is good but doesn't always shift the film in one clean, methylated spirits works well on a microfiber cloth,
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post