Driving in Europe - lights

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

Hi all.

I'm heading to France tomorrow and need to adapt my headlights to drive on the right (I've been rueing not getting the matrix lights - now doubly so).

I got the usual beam adapters, but obviously there's no fitting diagram for the Enyaq - either on the sheet provided with the adapters or on the adapter manufacturer website.

Anyone have any ideas how I should fit these?!
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I have the same issue! Me thinks I won’t be driving after dark. There is something in the settings that changes light intensity, but I doubt it’ll be the same. Ridiculous that on such an expensive car that unless you pay for an expensive option you can’t change the lights over, and you don’t get told when you buy it either.

The two options I’m wishing I ordered were the tow bar and lights option but that was about £3k extra so if I own the car for 5 years = £50 @month and probably still not worth it in my book.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Robertiv60

Post by Robertiv60 »

Hi have the same problem. Skoda have confirmed standard LED lights are OK for left and right hand drive. So no need for stickers.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Robertiv60 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:42 pm Hi have the same problem. Skoda have confirmed standard LED lights are OK for left and right hand drive. So no need for stickers.

That’s interesting- please can you let us know how this confirmation was given (e.g. was it a comment made by a Skoda dealership, or something official and in writing from Skoda UK?).

The Enyaq (written Enya q!) does actually appear in the Eurolites instruction leaflet, although it’s impossible to understand exactly how you’re meant to fit them, in my opinion.

1DF40AB1-B377-46F6-BFD4-A24D046787F1.jpeg

397BC1FD-2FA0-4FBF-AA95-6C4275C1F452.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I would just leave them on lowest setting if not driving a lot at night
Robertiv60

Post by Robertiv60 »

Hi. Just picked up the thread. The confirmation that the stickers were not required came from Skoda UK. The dealer hadn’t a clue.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Robertiv60 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:35 pm Hi. Just picked up the thread. The confirmation that the stickers were not required came from Skoda UK. The dealer hadn’t a clue.

Ah, ok thanks. I will try to seek my own written confirmation from them and use it ‘in my defence’ in case I’m ever questioned about it!

I had Eurolites on last month (almost certainly in the wrong position) but wasn’t flashed by oncoming traffic at all - despite having the lights positioned at their highest position (which I found a setting for after we’d arrived back home!) and a boot full of luggage - which can sometimes tilt the headlights up even further - although probably not by much in a heavy beast like the Enyaq!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I just parked the car about 10 meters from a hedge

Put the eurolites on the headlight temporarily so it was covering the little high peak of the lights

I then put A4 piece of paper over the head light and eurolite then drew around the eurolite and headlight to make my own template so I could fit them when I was on the Euro tunnel

It took about 10 minutes

Dazf05
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

My fleet manager received the following response directly from his contact at Skoda UK.

“ Our Production has advised that only Enyaq’s with MATRIX LED lights come with the adaptive headlight function and therefore, offer the option to swap from right hand drive to left hand drive”.

Well, we kinda know that already! Still too ambiguous for my liking, as it doesn’t specifically say that non-matrix LED lights DON’T need Eurolite adapters.

I’m going to delve further…
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’ve just received unambiguous confirmation from Skoda UK, clarifying that headlight deflectors ARE required for non-matrix LED lights when driving RHD cars in Europe.

I have copied the exact wording, below :

6A05F963-E963-44E5-A699-B08049AE3BF7.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post