Options people regret getting & not getting

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
BundE34

Post by BundE34 »

I was wondering are there any members on here who regret not ordering certain extras now that they have their car and are there any members who find some of the extras just a bit of a novelty and probably not worth the extra cost?
IV60 Sportline, Brilliant Silver, Convenience Plus, Parking Assist, Climate, Comfort.
Ordered 20th Nov, build week 9, delivered 16th May.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Good question!!

Regret not getting:
Drive Assist PLUS. I have Drive Assist BASIC - which is excellent in terms of the Assisted Cruise Control automatically maintaining speed and distance, as well as blind spot notification in the wing mirrors - but for just a couple of hundred quid more, Drive Assist PLUS apparently provides more advanced auto steering. Details were not that clear when I had to order.

Regret Getting:
I love the look of my 21” Betria alloys, but they are so susceptible to scuffing. I haven’t done it yet but it’s just a question of time. I should have gone for the 20” or even one of the 19” alloys.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Goaty wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:44 am
Regret Getting:
I love the look of my 21” Betria alloys, but they are so susceptible to scuffing. I haven’t done it yet but it’s just a question of time. I should have gone for the 20” or even one of the 19” alloys.
Not to rub salt on your wounds, but it's often overlooked that smaller wheels also mean lower consumption.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Erakettu wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:14 am
Goaty wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:44 am
Regret Getting:
Not to rub salt on your wounds, but it's often overlooked that smaller wheels also mean lower consumption.

Thanks 🤣. I sort of had that at the back of my mind when I ordered it (I’m happy with the range I’m getting anyway) but the wheels were not available to view anywhere when I ordered, except on YouTube etc. Seeing them for real, it’s apparent there’s very little protection by way of tyre wall ridges etc. Because it’s a company car, other colleagues are within their rights to take it out when I’m at one of our offices and it’s more likely they who will scuff the wheels (happened before on a previous car). Oh well. I give it back in 4 years anyway I think !
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
jamest

Post by jamest »

I didn't spec whatever package had heated seats because:
1. You can pre-heat the car.
2. It seamed unfair on the kids to have front heated but not rear.
3. I wasn't prepared to pay whatever it cost for for rear heated as well.
4. I didn't particularly miss not having heated seats in my last car.

However, in hindsight:
1. My Skoda currently won't connect to online services, so I can't use the preheat on demand.
2. The car where I didn't miss heated seats had fabric seats, and my Enyaq has leather... which I'd forgotten feels much colder!
3. The kids are going to have a fabric seat protectors anyway.

I can't remember what it would have cost to get the front heated seats, but I kind of regret that decision right now.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
jamest

Post by jamest »

I didn't spec the HUD. I wouldn't say I regret it, but some thoughts I've had:

- Google Maps via Apple CarPlay wouldn't show on it anyway, so no regrets there.
- Whenever I'm concerned about speed I stick travel assist or the speed limiter on, so having the speed in my face constantly wouldn't be that helpful.

However:

- Because travel assist dynamically switches between modes depending on what it is able to track (so, for example, it might lose road edge tracking on a small town road in some situations, which turns off auto-steer) it would be nice to have the information about what it is doing right in my face in the HUD so I don't have to glance down.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

jamest wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 pm However, in hindsight:
1. My Skoda currently won't connect to online services, so I can't use the preheat on demand.
2. The car where I didn't miss heated seats had fabric seats, and my Enyaq has leather... which I'd forgotten feels much colder!
I can't remember what it would have cost to get the front heated seats, but I kind of regret that decision right now.
Similar here with the heated seats. And maybe the memory function seats too.
And also the matrix headlights, though hugely expensive, I hadn't realised that the front indicators are a bit rubbish otherwise, and the rear lights not as large.

Are you doing anything to sort out your connection to online services? I'm in the same position.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Mark_C

Post by Mark_C »

I agree with Goaty, we took delivery of our Enyaq yesterday with drive assist basic expecting to have the auto steering when in lane. But disappointed to find this is not present. It was not clear in the brochure at the time of ordering it would require the plus version.

I assume this cannot be added at a dealer?
Goaty wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:44 am Good question!!

Regret not getting:
Drive Assist PLUS. I have Drive Assist BASIC - which is excellent in terms of the Assisted Cruise Control automatically maintaining speed and distance, as well as blind spot notification in the wing mirrors - but for just a couple of hundred quid more, Drive Assist PLUS apparently provides more advanced auto steering. Details were not that clear when I had to order.

Regret Getting:
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Goaty wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:44 am Regret not getting:
Regret Getting:
Yes to both! I turned down the free upgrade to 20" alloys, and tagged on Drive Assist PLUS at the last minute. Definitely happy with the 19". Time will tell whether the extra £200 or so was worth it for the PLUS.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I am very pleased with Drive Assist plus - I use travel assist all the time.

I am not sure the HUD was worth the cost however.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post