Heating (or cooling in summer) whilst charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Whilst charging my Enyaq at a public charger, I was unable to activate any heating (so I sat in the cold).

The opposite would be the case in the summer (no cooling so I’d be too hot).

Is this to be expected or have I missed something?

Thanks 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

AC charging according to manual battery has to be charged first before heating/cooling will activate, DC charging you should be able to run the heat/cool function whilst the charge is taking place.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

BioHzrd wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:45 am AC charging according to manual battery has to be charged first before heating/cooling will activate, DC charging you should be able to run the heat/cool function whilst the charge is taking place.

Ah, ok thanks- that explains it. I noticed I couldn’t turn the heating on whilst trying out one of the public PodPoint chargers near us. At 7kW I guess it’s only A/C.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
extremelyhandsome

Post by extremelyhandsome »

You can use the Skoda connected app… switch ignition off whilst charging then start the aircon remotely. Tried it last night and it worked 😀

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post